Seat Belt "Buzzer" question

-

19 Again..

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to put in a new drivers side floor pan and I have the connections for the front and rear seat belts and sensor in the front seat laying loose. My question is simple, do I have to hook everything back up? Or can I leave them undone and not worry about the anoying buzzer? We've all been programmed over the last 10 - 15 years to buckle up before you move your vehicle, so I kinda wondered would it really matter.. Besides I'm replacing the front seat with a different one. Which does have the pressure sensitive strip in it as well. I do want to keep some originality, but the annoyance of what can happen when old electrical parts go bad ain't worth it.. Anyone else do this?? :-k

What year is your car? If it's any year other than '74, you can just simply leave the wires disconnected and silence the buzzer permanently. If it's a '74, you may have some more work to do to bypass the one-year-only belt/starter interlock system, but probably not. See here for info on how to make sure this system never strands you with a car that won't start, and see here for Chrysler's movie about how to start a 1974 car in just sixty-three easy steps

A better way to disable the system is "right at the source." Out at the relay, under the hood (the one with the reset button) there are two yellow or yellow/ stripe wires in the connector. Remove/ cut them and permanently join then together. There's a thread somewhere...................

Here:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=14304

Here's a pic of the relay. cut and splice the two 'yellowish" wires together

This eliminates the need for the relay or it going bad, and all the crap under the seats.

16kx4d2.jpg

Thanks Guys..
I know about getting stranded with the seat belts. My Duster is a 73.
I'll go searching for the relay and put an end to the buzzer...
Thanks You both!
"19"

Yup.

If you're like me, you also pull the yellow wire off the horn relay just above the driver side kickboard, so the key-in-ignition buzzer goes away, too.

1974 requires nothing to be done just leave the wires unhooked and go I cut all that junk out when restroring my car

-
Back