Seat Change-----

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
I picked up a set of 97 Mustang Cobra leather bucket seats for my Comet project. They are black and match the interior setup of the Cuda perfectly. I think I will put them in the Cuda and keep looking for something for the Comet. Since the Cuda seats are sun-rotted this seems like fortuitous luck!!! Any of you ever done something similar?
Rat

Tonight I removed the stock seats and installed the 97 Mustang leather buckets. I installed the stock tracks on the new buckets and noticed that I need the small plastic knob that fits on the stock adjuster handle & tightens with small allen set screw. Any of you guys have one you could sell me. Also, I will probubly be spinning off the stock buckets if anyone is interested.
TIA, Rat

What color are the original seats. I have a set of green ones I might recover, but I might go the same route you did with some updated seating.

The original interior is black and the seats are complete with the original black covers. Before they could be used, they would have to be re-done. The late model seats worked great as they were black leather and match the interior nicely. I recommend searching E-Bay and buying something from the 90's. I am still going to buy another set for the Comet but now I will buy something in cloth as I will have to have them covered to match the Comet interior anyway. Learning curve=Vertical:)
Rat

desert rat, you need the knobs for your Mopar tracks right?
I have the set that were on my 67 barracuda buckets somewhere in the shop....i'll have to look for them.

site1062.JPG

-
Back