Seat compatiblilty

-

TheTecher

Evan the jeeper.
Reaction score
I have a 68 barracuda and I need seats for it. I was wondering what year dart or duster seat frames will fit. Im planning to make new covers for them in class.

Thanks
Evan

Im planning to make new covers for them in class.
Evan
What kind of class? That will save a lot. Legendary and others charge $$$ for seat covers. You may still need new foam, which is also $$$. That is why I got late model seats for my 2 A bodies. $50 for a pair of Cobra seats and $150 for a pair of Sebring seats.

I have a bench seat with the fold down armrest from a 72 Valiant 4door car. Covers are ok for a driver. There is an add in the interior for sale section.

I've been debating on installing BMW seats or something of that nature but just can't do it. My interior is what came in the car and it would just mess "the look" with unoriginal seats. They would be more comfortable I bet lol

I was looking for buckets. I wanted a seat that will just bolt in. I have thought about late model seats and I'm certainly capable of making brackets for them but I like the look of older seats. Maybe I'll take a trip to the junk yard to see what I like for late model seats.

I'm taking trim and upholstery class at wyotech. We are learning how to make seat covers and headliners. We are allowed to work on our own projects after we get our required work done. We just have to pay for the material so I really want this to happen.

I was looking for buckets. I wanted a seat that will just bolt in. I have thought about late model seats and I'm certainly capable of making brackets for them but I like the look of older seats. Maybe I'll take a trip to the junk yard to see what I like for late model seats.

I'm taking trim and upholstery class at wyotech. We are learning how to make seat covers and headliners. We are allowed to work on our own projects after we get our required work done. We just have to pay for the material so I really want this to happen.

People don't understand how much work is in upholstery. They think within matter of a hour you should have it done. That's not the case.

Yeah, it takes a lot of work and time. It's not something that we can just crank out like nothing. We have to make it perfect because every time they get in the car they will see our work.

-
Back