seat covers from PG classic

-

Barracuda_v8

Reaction score
Hello.

I´m thinking of buying theese seat covers from PG classic.[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/PG-Classic-6604D-BUK-100-1969-Barracuda-Deluxe-style-Seat-Cover-Set-Black-/321576181287?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1969%7CModel%3ABarracuda&hash=item4adf6f1e27&vxp=mtr"]PG Classic 6604D BUK 100 1969 Barracuda Deluxe Style Seat Cover Set Black | eBay[/ame]
But I thought I should ask if anybody else has bought seat covers from them.
Quality? fitment? etc.
You can also give some tips on other makers.

Thanks Daniel

Personally I would not buy anything from PG, it's all made in China garbage....I would go with legendary interiors, might cost more but you won't be sorry.

I have no experience with the seat covers from PG Classic, but I can definately say that the seat covers from legendary are top notch and well worth the few extra dollars they may cost!

I put these on a year and a half ago. They are from PG and they are still holding up like new!

Attachments

• 20130818_181926.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 395
Seat skins in general... Very very few of the do it yourselfers pull the skins on as tight as they should be. Look over for sale listings at ebay, etc.., you'll see lots of loose wrinkled skins.
The true test is to first have the right tight fit then wait and see when the seams start coming apart.
As for who made them and where the quality of assembly and fit finish can come only from experience. When the panels aren't cut right and/or aren't sewed right, No amount of filler and labor would ever get all the wrinkles out. The hint or truth in advertising is found in the pics they provide whether the skin is laying on a table or on a seat. Example...
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Plymouth-Barracuda-Dlx-Buckets-Ember-Gold-AA68CBD0010636/121325148197?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27538%26meid%3Deb80b5926896411886f03912dc12ec00%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D11353%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D121325148218&rt=nc"]1968 Plymouth Barracuda Dlx Buckets Ember Gold AA68CBD0010636 | eBay[/ame]
What you see is what you can expect.
Bottom line, Legendary Interiors doesn't have a true competitor in my opinion.

Get your covers from classic industries and they fit perfectly. As stated above PG isn't very good quality and the stitching is weak when you manipulate them onto the seat cushions and frame of the seat they split and sometimes get distorted and look like crap. Here is a pic of my deluxe interior from Classic industries in 1969 style/red

Attachments

• 68 cuda-6.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 346
  • 68 cuda-8.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 370
put legendary covers on my 72 dart. look as good as the originals and have held up great over the years. believe me, you don't want to cheap out on something this expensive. dave.

As most have advised go with legendary covers. They are the best available.
I wouldn't go as far as saying they are as good as the originals but you won't
find better reproductions.
I have a upholstery shop so I have installed all brands of covers and any time a cutomer comes to me that hasn't purchased their covers yet I insist on legendary.
They used to be better than they are today. I think the company has grown to the point where
they are having to hire non skilled labor to keep up and it is apparent in some sets I receive.
This has been the case the last couple of years. I sometimes find I have to cut their covers apart and do some repairs to turn out a show quality seat like my customers expect.
If you have a local shop that you are sure does quality work I would reccomend you have
them installed professionally. They will have the tools to repair any problems there may be.
If the shops work is not known for doing show cars you likely could do them better yourself. It can be hard to find a shop that cares about the quality of work done to your car as much as you do.

I got mine for my 1971 GTX from Legendary and also my front and rear door panels for my 69 barracuda. No problems with either. I did but replacement parking light lens from PC Classics and was assured they would fit but they didn't. I wound up having to buy their complete set. I avoid them as much as possible.

Attachments

• 20140626_211235.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 301
  • WM (01A).jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 296
Get your covers from classic industries and they fit perfectly.

x2

We used Classic Industries for my son's 72 Challenger seats. They turned out great. The trim shop guy stated that he was very pleased with how well he was able to get them to fit.

Get your covers from classic industries and they fit perfectly. As stated above PG isn't very good quality and the stitching is weak when you manipulate them onto the seat cushions and frame of the seat they split and sometimes get distorted and look like crap. Here is a pic of my deluxe interior from Classic industries in 1969 style/red

Who makes them for Classic? I don't think they make their own seats. Did you have any labels on the packaging or material backside from Classic?

There are certain parts that Classic sells that are PG Classic relabeled parts. Classic makes very few exclusive Mopar parts on their own.

BTW that is not 69 Barracuda standard seat pattern and standard door panels.

I did mine and they are legendary covers.

Attachments

• 000_4176.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 338
  • 000_4175.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 331
Who makes them for Classic? I don't think they make their own seats. Did you have any labels on the packaging or material backside from Classic?

There are certain parts that Classic sells that are PG Classic relabeled parts. Classic makes very few exclusive Mopar parts on their own.

BTW that is not 69 Barracuda standard seat pattern and standard door panels.

The Red 69 interior is Standard pattern and the Black one I posted is the deluxe pattern minus the seat medallions as I didn't want them.

Are you really sure that Classic doesn't get there stuff from the same factory in China as PG ? you guys crack me up , as if there are a bunch of different companies putting out the identical part . I have the PG seat covers for a deluxe interior Barracuda in my car , they are 5 years old now and the only sign of splitting is where I knelt my 240lbs on the center of the drivers seat but the seam hasn't let go completely and my upholstery guy says he can tighten it back up no problem , I also purchased the foam bolsters from PG at the same time , The guy that does my work said it was the nicest fitting and easiest to work with of any he has seen in his 40 years in the business . I'll take the word of someone that is known around hear as "The Guy " , he does private executive jets and Mega-yachts mainly now but still takes in the occasional old car for us locals if it is something he was into back in the day . To the OP buy the foams and the seat backs if you don't have someone that can make new ones and enjoy , if they can survive my 240lbs for 5 years and 20k miles they will be fine for your use unless you are 300lbs and then nothing in a kit is going to live up to it .

PS to the OP save your medallions and pm me if the tangs break , I have a trick for reusing them I'll share with ya .

I bought Legendary covers for my seats, sadly the seat I have were not a-100 van seats like I was told they were. Ended up having custom covers made with the same pattern. May want to check with a local shop to see if they can make them for you. Friend has a set that were made locally, the outer section, the one that wears the fastest from entry/exit were done in leather if I remember correctly. Can't tell the difference, and they look great. Unless you HAVE to have the exact replica of what the car came with there is nothing wrong with what my friend did...in my opinion.....

It would be interesting to have PG, PUI, and Legendary seat cover side by side for a comparison.

Like to see:

• a measurement of material thickness
  • stich thread thickness
  • stich count
  • grain comparison

May want to check with a local shop to see if they can make them for you. Friend has a set that were made locally, the outer section, the one that wears the fastest from entry/exit were done in leather if I remember correctly. Can't tell the difference, and they look great. Unless you HAVE to have the exact replica of what the car came with there is nothing wrong with what my friend did...in my opinion.....
that's what I did- went to a local guy, dropped off the seats and let him do his magic.

they were done better than 10 years ago, maybe even 15.

-
Back