Seat covers

-

Popdart

Reaction score
Hi guys . . .
I'm new to all this but plan on becoming a regular part of your great society. I just purchased a 1973 Dart Swinger. I need black seat covers. Black rear seat splits on vinyl. Front buckets are tan 74 Valiant, prior owner sez. Shouldn't the buckets be the same as 73 Dart? Also, PG Classics (on EBay) advertises a set custom fit for $295 + $30 s&r, 73-74 Dart/Duster. Anyone buy from them? Thanks! Whoolph (pronounced wolf)

The front buckets should have a part number tag hanging from bottom springs. Identify those first, then the good folks at Legondary Interiors can tell you if 73 and 74 seat frames are indeed the same since they have been in this business many years. I wouldn't buy from anyone else.

I second RedFish's recommendation on Legendary. Worth the $s.
Checking the Legendary catalog, the vinyl grain used on the seat skirts is different from 73 to 74. The same grain was used on the inserts. If the seating surfaces on the seats is the same, I'd assume you're dealing with original upholstery. If they are different, I might even suspect that a brand X bucket may have been installed.

Thanks for the reply, here's a picture of what I have. Note the storage on the back of the seat. Is it A Body? Thanks again, Whoolph

1dd1_12.jpg

Whoolph,
We are running a great sale on seat covers this week. It's a good time to get an order placed. Give us a call (800) 363-8804. Thanks.
Eric @ Legendary Auto Interiors Ltd.

Whoolph,
We are running a great sale on seat covers this week. It's a good time to get an order placed. Give us a call (800) 363-8804. Thanks.

Not to steal the thread but I have these exact same seats. I was wondering if the all vinyl seat covers for 73-74 a body buckets would work? Im wanting to have them black without the back pocket. Also does anyone sell the seat locks new?

I am looking for the same covers BigStrok, black vinyl without the back pockets . . . whoolph

I just got done recovering the seats in my 73 Duster. I have
never seen pockets like that in an A body. Are you guys sure
those didn't come out of a Cordoba or late Charger?
I think the frames should be the same though.
I used Legendary for my covers. I wouldn't use anyone else.
Great quality and fit.

Thanks for the input on the sale at legendary Auto Interior. I just placed an order to get seat covers, door panels and carpet.
The guy helping me was really nice and patient as I tend to make thing difficult...

Whoolph,

Went to the web site to look for sale prices,could not find them , did I miss it? Need some front bucket covers for the fish.

I agree also with LEGENDARY INTERIOR PRODUCTS! They are good people to deal with and will work with you to make sure everything is right! Some people that sell Mopar interiors sell you the interior but it comes from Legendary anyways! so it is best to deal with them to begin with.

Went to the web site to look for sale prices,could not find them , did I miss it? Need some front bucket covers for the fish.

You did not miss it... I too looked on the site and found nothing about it. So I called to confirm which week and it is indeed this week... 25% off lots of there stuff and it was 10% off for the carpet.

He told me this was a first time to offer a sale to forum members so he wasn't sure they were doing it again. So I bought stuff. Lots of stuff.

I just got done recovering the seats in my 73 Duster. I have
never seen pockets like that in an A body. Are you guys sure
those didn't come out of a Cordoba or late Charger?
I think the frames should be the same though.
I used Legendary for my covers. I wouldn't use anyone else.
Great quality and fit.

Mine were said to come out of a duster but ive seen them in 74 valiants.

I spoke to the previous owner and he said the previous owner #2 said they were 1974 Valiant buckets. When previous owner #1 got the car, he looked in that back pocket and there was a 1974 Valiant owners manual in it. I have also seen 74 duster buckets with the same pockets. I just hope the pockets don't mess up the installation of the new seat covers! Thanks again, Rog

I spoke to the previous owner and he said the previous owner #2 said they were 1974 Valiant buckets. When previous owner #1 got the car, he looked in that back pocket and there was a 1974 Valiant owners manual in it. I have also seen 74 duster buckets with the same pockets. I just hope the pockets don't mess up the installation of the new seat covers! Thanks again, Rog

Thats good to know, cause i to have never seen pockets on an A body seat. To me tey kinda looked like seats from a Challenger

Eric @ Legendary,
Please check your PMs. I left one for you last Saturday and would like to visit with you.

Jerry

Whoolph,

I'm totally confused, now...
This is the person I have been trying to contact.
Whoolph, or lail1985, Eric... whoever is the one that apparently represents Legendary Auto Interiors, I need to visit with you.

Thanks,
Jerry

Well you are half right . . . . I be Whoolph . . . but not lail1985 . . . sorry . . . I'm interested in Legendary tho . . . check back end of June . . .

-
Back