Seat foam replacement

-

snoreen40

Reaction score
Hey guys. Anyone know where to get replacement seat foam? Redoing the front seats of my car, I have new skins but the foam is flat. I'm putting in 71 Charger high backs in my 67 dart. Need new foam. Classic and Legendary both have them, but money is tight. Any other places to look?

I bought PUI cushions from Jegs, $99.00 ea.

Jegs and Summit both sell interiors.

I have a set of seat foam for a 1970 b body bucket seats if you are interested.......Brian

try profitautointeriors.com they seem to have the best prices I can normally find. I would also check ebay.

I went to a Mopar swap meet a few weeks ago and Legendary had a booth. I talked to the guy manning the booth and their show price was 25% off retail.

I talked to another guy at a different space who has had an upholstery shop for 20 years. He had below retail prices for Legendary stuff but it was still higher than the Legendary show special. He told me ALL the seat foam comes from one factory no matter what brand is on the box. That makes sense because molded seat foam is made from molds which is where the expense is.

For me to get new front and rear seat covers with new foam was more than I could handle then so I was considering just getting the seat foam to start. Plus I need so many other parts just to get the car driveable so I passed. There is another Mopar event coming up in Columbus next month and maybe Legenadary will be there.

I bought mine from a store on Ebay and it was also PUI. The seller's store name is "Tamraz's". It was a great transaction and was the least expensive place I could find for it. Like KosmicKuda said, it's all made at the same place.

No doubt Kosmic, and why I shop price on that stuff over brand. Like window gaskets, a couple at most make them. Shop price because quality will likely be the same.

Pro-fit is normally 30 to 50 less than Legendary shipped which is why I mentioned them. The stuff is shipped directly from Legendary and I believe they also sell PUI.

I went to a Mopar swap meet a few weeks ago and Legendary had a booth. I talked to the guy manning the booth and their show price was 25% off retail.

I talked to another guy at a different space who has had an upholstery shop for 20 years. He had below retail prices for Legendary stuff but it was still higher than the Legendary show special. He told me ALL the seat foam comes from one factory no matter what brand is on the box. That makes sense because molded seat foam is made from molds which is where the expense is.

For me to get new front and rear seat covers with new foam was more than I could handle then so I was considering just getting the seat foam to start. Plus I need so many other parts just to get the car driveable so I passed. There is another Mopar event coming up in Columbus next month and maybe Legenadary will be there.

Here's a pic of one of my recovered seats with
Legendary covers and PUI foam.
Hope it helps you with your decision.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 267
Very nice! Did you do it your self? Or have a shop do them. I've got the same system, I'll post some picks. When I get them back from the shop. I did my own back seat but shied away from doing the fronts myself

I thought Mopar Action had an article about new seat foam & covers for Chargers that had been re-designed with side bolsters for lateral support.
This would seem to be the best way to go.

-
Back