Seat ID Help

-

charger426

Reaction score
Going through a shed at my parent place and found a set of seats I'm hoping you guys can help me ID. Dad was pretty much all mopar his whole life so I'm willing to bet these are from some Mopar product. From what my mom remembers these might be out of a 71-74ish era road runner but I'm not sure hence the request for help.

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

That headrest or seat back back isn’t ringing any common Mopar bells.

Huh kinda surprised by being non mopar. He was a parts hoarder but 95% is mopar stuff. Guess this fall into the 5% thats brand X

67-69 Pontiac firebird ? I looked at a 73 duster that had demon front end about a year ago in Tennessee that had those same seats, guy told me they came out of a firebird.

Last edited:
67-69 Pontiac firebird ? I looked at a 73 duster that had demon front end about a year ago in Tennessee that had those same seats, guy told me they came out of a firebird.
Well I remember hearing stories of a firebird. Since you looked at a duster with these seat will these bolt into my 71 Swinger or will fabrication be needed? Not scared with fab work just wondering.

Edit: Just did some googling and the seats that popped up as stock 67-69 firebird don’t really look like these. The backs were smooth vs the knee cut outs and if they had a head rest it didn’t look like these.

Well I remember hearing stories of a firebird. Since you looked at a duster with these seat will these bolt into my 71 Swinger or will fabrication be needed? Not scared with fab work just wondering.
You will have to fabricate brackets. Best I can remember the ones in that duster had long bolts and were leveled up with lots of washers, they had drilled new holes in the floor pan.

Wow thanks. SUPER random that those would be there. I’ve never seen inside this shed until that clean out day. Not for any other reason than my folks didn’t go in it either. Put it prospective I found a 340 block, small block heads, 8 3/4 housing, so these would be the only non mopar part I’ve come across so far. Maybe the random fan shrouds are brand X as well.

View attachment 1715527072

1978 Mustang II
First gen Firebirds did not have headrests.
You're correct about 67 & 68 gen 1 Firebirds... No headrest. 69 had an oversized headrest that some people removed in order to have the low back bucket seat. 1970 (gen 2) was last year for Firebird headrest. After that they went to high back bucket seats. I only know this because I have a 70 Firebird, and you tend to learn a lot about the model years on either side of yours when you restore the car. Not that it really matters, just trivial info.

-
Back