Seat Latch Knobs

-

19 Again..

Reaction score
Okay I've looked for quite a while for a pair of Seat Latch Knobs. The quality is usually poor to bad. I refuse to spend the $50.00 + most want to sell them at. So I thought I would look at other makes like Chebby, Ferd, Keeahh, Punchiak, Honder, and any others you can think of.. So after searching I found knobs that are a little bigger than the originals, made of steel, and chromed, drilled and a set screw in the metal to hold it onto the seat latch stem.. Here are some pictures as to what it looks like.
The truth is these are "Repops" for 1968 - 1969 Camaro. I saw them on line and figured what the heck, beats a bare piece of metal sticking out. So I bought 2. The cost was $10.95 each. I actually got them off of ebay.. After I went thru the buying process I got an e-mail from the owner of the business. He said if I would have gone to his website the price would have been cheaper. So I looked and they were a buck cheaper.. The website is Heartbeatcitycamaro.com, type in "fold down seat latch knob" and they come right up..
In the pictures I have the latches (which I haven't cleaned up yet..Junk Yard Specials) with the knob laying beside it. The latches that I have the knobs actually fit a little loosely and since the knobs are drilled and tapped close to the end, they slide over the stem easily. I put the latch cover over the latch and put the knob on the stem, tightened it and there is plenty of metal/stem for adjustment.
Just thought I would share, sometimes ya got to do, what ya got to do.....

(19 Again..)

Attachments

• 1 Seat Latch Knobs.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 2 Seat Latch Knobs.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 3 Seat Latch Knobs.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 4 Seat Latch Knobs.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 92
Thanks for posting that. If I were in need of a set of knobs I would get these in a heartbeat (pun intended).
C

-
Back