seat mounting and headrest width dimensions

-

el5dart

Reaction score
does any one happen to know the dimensions to the mounting bolt holes on the bottom of a factory bucket seat?

also does any one know the dimension from headrest posts on a 69' 70' style headrest. i would like to see if they will slide in an aftermarket seat back because the headrests on all the aftermarket seats don't look right to me.

i want to buy some factory seat sliders and possibly mount an aftermarket bucket to them but i cant find any dimensions on the factory sliders/mounts or aftermarket seats. the factory seats i like. i just dont like that they dont recline

headrest.jpg
seat.jpg

Having just gone through the bucket seats on my '69 Road Runner, replacing the seat tracks, correcting the floor mounting area, and reconditioning the headrests, new seat covers and foam, you would be way ahead to live with your initial problem of no reclining. Put a spacer under the front mounts to till the seat a little.
Headrest centers 8 7/16"
Seat to track front approximately 15 3/4"
Side to side
Rear 15 5/8" side to side
Front to rear 12 1/8"
There are a lot of things with cars that you live just with .

thank you so much for the info !!!

factory seats are about 3.5k + -

1k for used seats w/tracks needing redone, 1k for new covers, 400 for new foam, 100? for hog ring pliers and supplies, 500 for new seat tracks if it needs them, 500 for rear covers to match front ones, 100 for square seat strengthening plates for floor of car. and im probably forgetting something lol and still no recline. oh yeah +TAX with shipping on top. lol so 4K? for bucket seats.

just exploring my options. i figure i could save 2kish going aftermarket. 1k for seats, 500 for new headrests, 500 for factory reproduction tracks, 100 floor plates.

now i can call mfg co to get dimensions based on your info. thank you again. who knows which direction i will go. prices are certainly a bit higher than hobby level nowadays huh?

or i could keep sitting on my good bench seat for free.

I was thinking of appearance of the newer seat and trying to alter its appearance. Yeah, it's not cheap, I have $2,000. plus or minus in my front buckets. Then dealing with the reproduction parts and trying to make it fit or work with what you have. No free lunch here.

-
Back