greenduster
Reaction score
Well, guys. Here's some pics of redoing the front seats of
the Duster.

100_1235.jpg

100_1237.jpg

100_1239.jpg

100_1253.jpg

That doesn't look like redoing just dissassembly..LOL.. I would really like to see the install pictures.

Sweet, keep em' comin!

BTW- those are by far my favorite style seats!

Wish my Dart had that interior to begin with!!

So,wheres seat recovering 102? :) I have a set of those buckets! Thier not in very good condition and need to be totally recovered. Im going with a bench seat, dog dish sleeper look...

Maybe I'll dig them up and offer them in the classified section. Would anyone want them? What would they be worth?

If you check it out those bucket seats in any condition sell for a ton of money. I see the seats minus the tracks go for $200-300 on ebay everytime they are up there.

There was a guy here in San Diego that put a set with tracks on ebay and someone ended the auction early to buy those seats for $600!

I bought my 73 bucket seats at the Spring Fling in 2007 for $30!! I just bought another pair for my 72 Demon project factory correct for $40 at a junk yard...back in February

Craig

O.K,thanks for the info!

I'll dig them out soon and take some pics. Prolly post it in the for sale section here! Might ebay them,but Im not a fan of donating to ebay. I'd also prefer they go to someone who will restore and use them,meaning a FAbo member!

I wont be asking much. I seem to remember them being in pretty rough shape. I robbed them out of my 74 Duster many moons ago and they were in my 70 Dart for a while. I took them out and stuffed them in boxes and the've been there ever since.

A trick that was told to me by an old upholsterer is, before putting the cover over the foam, to take some of the thin plastic that your dry cleaning comes back in and slip that over the foam, then install the cover. This allows the cover to slip a bit over the foam as you get in and out of the car, and keeps the foam from getting chewed up by the rubbing, which helps it last much longer. I plan to do that if I redo my own seats, though I think I may go with something custom and have this guy do the work...

If you check it out those bucket seats in any condition sell for a ton of money. I see the seats minus the tracks go for $200-300 on ebay everytime they are up there.

There was a guy here in San Diego that put a set with tracks on ebay and someone ended the auction early to buy those seats for $600!

I bought my 73 bucket seats at the Spring Fling in 2007 for $30!! I just bought another pair for my 72 Demon project factory correct for $40 at a junk yard...back in February

Craig

U are one lucky guy. I finally brock down and got som aftermarket "racing" seats for mine cus I just couldn't see paying 600++shipping for some originals that needed anouther 300 worth of new covers.

-
Back