Seat track repops

-

71Scamper

Mopar runs thru my veins!
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone new this, but Classic Industries sells repop bucket seat tracks for 70-72 A-bodys

About time someone started doing it,much needed product,cant tell you how many monte carlo bucket deats I've ripped out of mopars along with 2x4's and multible sets of botched carpets from drilling holes.....

Those tracks have been around for a long time, B e and A mopar has had them as well as PG classics. My question, will those tracks not work in 73-76 As?

Oh and by the way, for 370.00 I will hunt down a set of used tracks for that price. What sense is there to offer a new part that's outrageously priced? 189.99 a side hahah!

Those tracks have been around for a long time, B e and A mopar has had them as well as PG classics. My question, will those tracks not work in 73-76 As?

Oh and by the way, for 370.00 I will hunt down a set of used tracks for that price. What sense is there to offer a new part that's outrageously priced? 189.99 a side hahah!

To each their own. There's no need to shoot the messenger. I was just putting it out there for those of us that have a hard time trying to source a set of tracks.

I think the reason for them not working on 73-76 is because the floors are a little different.

To each their own. There's no need to shoot the messenger. I was just putting it out there for those of us that have a hard time trying to source a set of tracks.

I think the reason for them not working on 73-76 is because the floors are a little different.

All good here bro, just making the point they have been around for a long time and cost a lot of money. :violent1:

Plus I read somewhere there not as well built as the originals but if you need them what u going to do!

Can't comment on 73-76, but I'm using the 70-72 A body seat track set from PG Classics in my 68 Barracuda.
These tracks went straight into the stock holes in the floor no problem, these tracks sit about an inch lower on a Cuda then the originals off the car, ideal for larger guys.
The only problem with the passenger side track was a manufacturing defect where the metal tab was missing where the cable hooks on from the opposite track to enable the seat to slide back or forth when the lever is engaged. Hopefully the manufacture in China has problem corrected by now.

wonder how they are coming with their Sharktooth grille?

Can't comment on 73-76, but I'm using the 70-72 A body seat track set from PG Classics in my 68 Barracuda.
These tracks went straight into the stock holes in the floor no problem, these tracks sit about an inch lower on a Cuda then the originals off the car, ideal for larger guys.
The only problem with the passenger side track was a manufacturing defect where the metal tab was missing where the cable hooks on from the opposite track to enable the seat to slide back or forth when the lever is engaged. Hopefully the manufacture in China has problem corrected by now.

That's almost funny. Typical too it seems. We converted bench seat tracks to bucket seat tracks once, several years ago. Creating/adding all the little tabs and tangs in all the right places was the most difficult part.
It cant be done for less than the cost of the repops unless you already own the 4 bench seat tracks and do all the fab work yourself.
I would like to know if the roller cages in those repops are steel or plastic.

Just an FYI that on B body tracks in 73-74 (and possibly 71-72 as well), Mopar figured the inboard track didn't need to lock in place, so only the outboard track (with the knob) has detents. The inboard is free sliding. This also eliminates the cable. (and makes the install easier)

75 and 76 a body floors have a hump for the catalytic converter, so the inboard seat mount on the drivers side is much shorter. Also, 71 b bodies have a similar arrangement as the floor pans are higher towards the tunnel than the edges. The mount spacing is a little different, and they are on an angle, where the 71 mounts are parallel to the floor. I went thru all this when modifying a set of 72 B body buckets to fit a 71 Duster body. Had to lower one side by adding a spacer bracket, and slice thru the other side to get the mount to sit parallel to the floor, without any angle to them. I was able to compare the 72 B body mounts to some 73 A body mounts to come up with this figure.
Yea, $379 should buy you a set of used original buckets WITH mounts on them. Why some guys insist on removing and taking just the mounts off a set of buckets is beyond me.

-
Back