Seat/upholstery cleaning and care advice

-

64 Dart 270

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice. I have intact vinyl seats in my 64 Dart 270 convertible; no rips or tears but could use a good cleaning. I have a million more important things to work on with the vehicle, but as my garage is unheated (when I'm not out there working) I put them in the basement for the winter and my adhd brain was thinking how I should clean them.
I have attached pics of the rear, but the front buckets are in similar condition.So two questions:
1) what do you recommend to give them a good cleaning and maybe condition somehow?
2) is there a place to buy a piece of the seat frame or have you fabricated your own? (you can see from the pic that the bottom passenger side of the back seat where it hits the floor rotted through along with the floor)

Dart-rear-seat-back.jpg

Dart-rear-seat-bottom.jpg

Dart-rear-seat-bottom-frame.jpg

Looking for some advice. I have intact vinyl seats in my 64 Dart 270 convertible; no rips or tears but could use a good cleaning. I have a million more important things to work on with the vehicle, but as my garage is unheated (when I'm not out there working) I put them in the basement for the winter and my adhd brain was thinking how I should clean them.
I have attached pics of the rear, but the front buckets are in similar condition.So two questions:
1) what do you recommend to give them a good cleaning and maybe condition somehow?
2) is there a place to buy a piece of the seat frame or have you fabricated your own? (you can see from the pic that the bottom passenger side of the back seat where it hits the floor rotted through along with the floor)

View attachment 1715118454

View attachment 1715118455

View attachment 1715118456
Use permatex hand cleaner the cheap smooth stuff and warm water in spray bottle a soft bristle brush and toothbrush for seams
51qZAqVI0gL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

-
Back