Seat upholstery issues

-

sshomer

Reaction score
I'm restoring a '64 Valiant and have '65 Dart bucket seat cores. I bought on Ebay what was supposed to be '64 Valiant upholstery and it does not fit the Dart cores. Would the bucket seat cores between the two years / models have been different?

Also, I'm having trouble finding upholstery for the back seat, which I believe to be the original for the car. Anyone know of a vendor that sells back seat upholstery for a '64 Valiant?

As always any advice is much appreciated.

If you bought seat covers on ebay they are most likely PUI brand. I learned my lesson in the headlinner. I bought all my stuff from Legondary except for the headlinner. The PUI headlinner doesn't fit. I now have that piece comming from Legondary also. I'll be a loyal Legondary interiors customer from now on.

If you bought seat covers on ebay they are most likely PUI brand. I learned my lesson in the headlinner. I bought all my stuff from Legondary except for the headlinner. The PUI headlinner doesn't fit. I now have that piece comming from Legondary also. I'll be a loyal Legondary interiors customer from now on.

They are PUI brand, do they have a reputation for poor fit?

They are PUI brand, do they have a reputation for poor fit?
They really dont have a reputation. They simply flooded the market with products. The feedback and good or bad reputation comes with time. Those second hand vendors like A1 Canvas that offer or once offered PUI products suffer the consequences.

Legendary has a great product and excellent customer service. I have always used them and never had a problem. As far as fit goes leave the material out on ur blacktop driveway before you go to install. This will loosen it up and help it stretch tremendously. How far short is the material? PM me if I don't get back to you on this post.

Legendary has a great product my interior pieces just showed up this week!

Very easy to work with. I went to Columbus in May and ordered everything. There is about an 8 week lead time.

Legendary has a great product and excellent customer service. I have always used them and never had a problem. As far as fit goes leave the material out on ur blacktop driveway before you go to install. This will loosen it up and help it stretch tremendously. How far short is the material? PM me if I don't get back to you on this post.

I've got to talk to my upholstery guy about how far short the material is. I'll definitely suggest he warm it up.

Post some pics of the frames and the seat covers.....Legendary should carry the CORRECT stuff......

PUI sells stuff for Chevy that is PASSABLE.....not sure about Mopar stuff.

Post some pics of the frames and the seat covers.....Legendary should carry the CORRECT stuff......

PUI sells stuff for Chevy that is PASSABLE.....not sure about Mopar stuff.

All of the stuff is at the upholsterer's place right now, to which I don't have easy access. I did talk to him a minute ago and he explained that the covers for the backs were inches shorter than they need to be, and the covers for the seats did not reach the backs.

I've got a call in to Legendary to see if they would know if the Dart seat cores would be the same dimensionally as the Valiant seat cores. Waiting for them to get back to me...

-
Back