Seats Dilemma

-

superhero007

Reaction score
I have a 76 Dart that some previous genius owner put in buckets out of another car that don't fit, he just drilled holes where it looked right. I have a parts car (74) Dart 4D that has a highback bench seat in it. There is no provision for a release on the side of the seat to tilt the seat forward as there is in 2D cars, but the seat is hinged and has a lock bar on it held on by a snap ring. Does anyone know if the seats are the same for 2D and 4D, but the release mechanism is not part of the 4D package? Or am I going to have to scrounge around for the right seats? Any help appreciated.

I put buckets out of a 4 door in my Duster. Same thing, they had a locking bar, I just replaced it with a latch and bolted them in.

FYI, I had to build the latch plate and find a spring, but I got it done. Not sure how yours work, might be as easy as finding a 2 door F-Body to get the parts from. The way the seats hinge is different from buckets to the bench, but I think the later cars used the same hinge regardless of bucket or bench.

-
Back