Security cameras

-

64conv65hard

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, the wife's VW had her front left tire slashed last night while it was parked in our carport. This is the second time. Last tire was back left. These are on the side furthest from our house. Getting tired of our neighbors who we know are doing it but we need to be able to prove it. Anyway now we're thinking of getting some security cameras. We do not have access to electricity in our carport so we were thinking of somekind of wireless system. I know there are cameras hunters use that are motion activated but not sure if this would be the best. Any suggestions or first hand knowledge would be appreciated.

even "wireless" cameras need power.. so the have a dc plug..
That is what i have in my shop. 4 wireless cameras but they still use power.. so there still wired for power..

any way to put one in a window at the house?

my first single cam i bought at home depot.. 6-7 years ago.. 32$ placed it on my window pointing towards my car port.. don't for get to get one with night vision.. 12hr tape and a vcr

You can get a digital hunting camera for like 80 bucks, heck I think wal-mart has em. The can be programmed to take pics from motion or timed. I'd mount it high up though since it usually has a flash and the neighbors/vandals may realize they got pic taken.

Hook the car up to 220v. I'll gerantee you'll follow the pee trail back to where its from.

You dont have power at your camera location... Heres what you need.. You need to find a camera that will record to an sd card and has IR illuminators built in so it will be a package in one. Plus it needs to run on 12vdc so you can power it with a deep cycle car battery. you can probably get 40 hours runtime with one of the above described cameras on a 70 amp deep cycle battery.

For the ammount of money it will cost for a good quality surveillance camera with "nigh vision" which is simply black and white mode with infra red illumination, you could probably just move out. See the problem is quality streaming images in the dark where you actually record evidence that will convict someone, requires spending some money. Thats why 90 percent of the video seen at some convenience store robbery is useless in court, cause they buy a junk system.

Here is about the cheapest decent quality camera. http://www.acti.com/product/detail/Bullet_Camera/ACM-1511 Probably costs 400, in this scenario you will need a wireless client (bout 100 dollars at the minimum) to connect to your home wi-fi. How far is your home from the car port where you park? Typical omnidirectional wireless wi-fi with video data loading will probably go 25 feet thru about 2 walls max. If you are serious, have 1 - 2 k to drop on a camera that will catch real evidence. I an give you the best case recommendations based on your budget and particular application. I would need considerably more information. Like others said you may want just look into a motion activated flash camera box. Although It will likely be stolen immediately after it flashes.

-
Back