Seems like a waste to me.

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Almost a year ago the wife bought this 72 Swinger locally, I fixed it for her and she has driven it exactly once to the grocery store and gas station to fill it up.
It obviously still needs some work but the major stuff is done.
When she got it there was a wiped lobe on the cam and I tore it down and replaced it with a 1968 340 cam, new MP lifters and double roller timing set along with all the top end gaskets and seals.
It looked to be recently rebuilt, as it has very new looking .030 over pistons and rings and the bores still have cross hatching very obvious.
Since it took a cam lobe I also replaced all the bearings and seals in the bottom end, and the 904 was just rebuilt (no kit or anything but works perfect it seems)

This car is almost completely stock 318 two barrel, 904 trans, new ujoints and fresh lubes in everything.
The only thing in the entire car that isn't stock is the new USB/blue tooth stereo and the 6x9 4 way speakers in the rear deck, and a hi def white cluster set that is LED lit.
It also has one of our HEI kits on it for the ignition and a recurved distributor.

I drove it for a few day on my work rounds and it drives really nice.
Power steering, small pattern Kelsey Hayes discs in the front and factory drums out back.
I filled the sail panels seams with fiberglass after a good wire wheel and anti rust treatment and then rolled semi flat enamel over the whole roof until it textured like the pic shows. (That is dew on the top)
I think it came out pretty darn nice for not actually being vinyl.

I guess she see's it as an investment just sitting here, but I couldn't let it sit there for months if it was my car.
I'd be driving this thing everywhere I went if I were her, but she doesn't even wash it. :D

Seems like a real shame to me.

SANY0010.JPG

SANY0007.JPG

SANY0007.JPG

SANY0011.JPG

SANY0006.JPG

Last edited:
I remember you posting when she bought it... Maybe she really bought it for you, but didn't want to tell you that? So drive it and enjoy it for her.

That needs to be driven!!! Letting it sit for extended time will only ruin it.... Just saying.... It looks Awesome⚓

S'okay, everybody is different. Daughter-in-law had a Hemi Orange '71 Scamp, 318, ported iron heads, headers, aluminum intake, 4-bbl, Comp solid flat tapped cam, sounded like a big block and ran 14.90 @ 96 mph. Too many people stared at her as she drove it. Made her uncomfortable. Now drives around completely under the radar, happy as a lark, in her black Chrysler 200. The Scamp?.......sold it and bought something for the house.

Almost a year ago the wife bought this 72 Swinger locally, I fixed it for her and she has driven it exactly once to the grocery store and gas station to fill it up.

If she only drove it once, to the gas station...why does the fuel Guage read empty?
:poke:

I remember you posting when she bought it... Maybe she really bought it for you, but didn't want to tell you that? So drive it and enjoy it for her.

Nah, I like mine better.:D
She said she would trade it for my 73 but when I said I would do it if she let me take the Magnum engine with the carb, intake, headers and dual exhaust, 42RHOD trans, driveline, line lock, stereo with the touch screen and speakers, steering wheel, all the big bolt pattern stuff, seats, rims and tires she backed out of the offer. :D

If she only drove it once, to the gas station...why does the fuel Guage read empty?
:poke:

Because I drove it for a few days after that when I was replacing my 318 with the Magnum and didn't fill it back up. :D

I have 3 vehicles that have made their way to my house from AZ....... :)
That doesn't surprise me since there are some pretty good condition bodies out here.
It's the plastic and upholstery that goes away long before the body metal does.

My car had the entire right rear corner baked when I got it because that corner stuck out from under a car port.
Rear deck inside, paint from the trunk lid, tops of fenders, tail lights, right side markers and all, cooked off but slowly healing now.:D

SANY0026.JPG

My wife has stated she doesn't want to drive or even ride in my 65 barracuda formula S once I have it complete.
Her reason, it's ugly! Not the paint and all, the body style.
Go figure

My wife has stated she doesn't want to drive or even ride in my 65 barracuda formula S once I have it complete.
Go figure

The nerve of some people, shees.:D
My Wife said I tried to give her a stroke one day when I jumped on it and left smoke a for a few hundred feet.
Now she makes me promise not to do that when she rides with me. :D

Go figure
Oh... that hurts.... But you know... I've heard that before.... fish ugly :(...⚓

Someone suggested I trade her in for another model who likes classic cars. After 30 years I don't believe I could handle that.

$1,000 if you're taking bids.

My wife drives her 67 galaxie almost daily, never let it sit this year, until the firestone tire blew.

Drives it a hell of a lot more than I drive either my Camaro or Barracuda, go figure

-
Back