Seldom seen colors.

-
Not an A-body...but there's a dude in town here with a 1968 Mustang GT 390 fastback. It's a factory big block-AC-PS-PB car loaded with every available option (even rear defogger!). It is painted Playmate Pink, and that IS original.

Note: near as anyone can tell, they didn't built many Playmate Pink GT fastbacks in 1968. They built even fewer with the 390. In fact, near as he can tell, they built...one. Talk about an order-sheet typo (color code-supposed to be, IIRC, green-was mistyped) with far-reaching repercussions...

Growing up, I vaguely recall a neighbor with a 4-door Valiant that was this absolutely-revolting 70's mustard yellow. With a white vinyl top and maroon interior. (Did the salesman's seeing-eye dog call in sick?)

JF1 is a pretty rare color
1973 only color

The car picture is the twin to my 340 Duster but in nice shape
Have found that just over 250 340 Dusters were made in this color

Attachments

• Twin to ours.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,121
  • Twin to Ours 2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 913
My '75 Valiant 4-door is E5 Rallye Red. Not sure if that's rare or not, but never seen another.

My '72 Swinger is white with a green top and green interior. Thought for sure there'd be another but only seen one, and I'm not sure the top is green, it looks black:

1972%20Dart%20Swinger%20%28160%29.jpg

Sign me up with light mettallic green, kinda rare, only seen 4 other darts wearing it. Rani has my cars twin, somone was selling a 383 car here with the paint, there was a 4 door 70 running around in the next county over about 10 years ago and I've seen a 71 wearing the color in a local show.

While I'm here, anyone know the paint code?

Sign me up with light mettallic green, kinda rare, only seen 4 other darts wearing it. Rani has my cars twin, somone was selling a 383 car here with the paint, there was a 4 door 70 running around in the next county over about 10 years ago and I've seen a 71 wearing the color in a local show.

While I'm here, anyone know the paint code?

Are you referring to FF1 Light Green Metallic? (the color of my '68 GTS)

T4 cinnamon poly

This pic was actually taken before I got the car. Plan is to restore it back to original appearance like pictured.

Forgot to mention this, but purposely used this pic to show color 'change'. The front corner is catching some direct sun and looks like a different color. In shade the car looks chocolate brown, but shows where the color gets the name 'cinnamon' in bright sun. It seems like a lot of these old Mopar colors look very different as lighting changes.

Attachments

• right2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 802
1967 Paint Code LL1 rests beneath the baby blue on my 67 GT Ragtop. The 36-year owner I just bought the car from did not care for the turquoise, so her husband bought her a paint job to her favorite color of baby blue. I believe LL1 to be rare, as I have not seen many A bodies with this color.

vbpgimage.php

1965 copper poly. I think paint code was pp1, not 100% on that. Everyone tells me to paint it black. I love the color myself :headbang:

Attachments

• 2012-08-12 17.56.59.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 817
How about this one on my formerly owned 69 notch, it is code A4 Silver mist metallic. It is almost like a metallic silver with a ting of green.

body.front3-4drvr.jpg

I haven't seen that color before, looks great!!

1967 Paint Code LL1 rests beneath the baby blue on my 67 GT Ragtop. The 36-year owner I just bought the car from did not care for the turquoise, so her husband bought her a paint job to her favorite color of baby blue. I believe LL1 to be rare, as I have not seen many A bodies with this color.

My 68 is LL1 Surf Turquoise Metallic.
My 69 is T7. I think it is called Saddle Tan Metallic.
Also parted out an A4 69 'cuda340.

My '69 Valiant parts car is A4 Silver. My '67 Valiant is factory PP1 Red, not a rare color but its the only '67 Valiant I've seen with that color :cheers: Our '73 RR GTX is JY9 "root beer", also not a rare color in '73 but unusual for a GTX. And our '71 Newport is GF3 green. Thats an unusual color.

Attachments

• P5230932.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 670
  • P1250734_0059.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 681
  • P6220509.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 686
[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/splattergraphics/2768328320/"]1966 Dodge Dart GT | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

I believe this mauve was only offered in '66. To me it looks best with a white interior.

-
Back