Sell my Dart...........big decision

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a 65 Coronet 500 426/street wedge/4 speed but I would need to sell my Dart to make it happen. These things never happen at the right time. Dang! tmm

Dang, that's a cool car too.....be tough.....you see way less 66 darts than 65 Dodges though :glasses7:

Thats a pretty rare Coronet. I'd go for it. I know where there is a 64 Belvedere 426 wedge 4spd near me in a barn. Been trying to buy it for years. Guy always tells me he's gonna fix it up one day! Yeah Right!!

Decide which car is the better one to fit your needs,shows, cruise, race, etc and that would be the one. Would the 65 be Citron? LOL

By the way Pete, I am darned disappointed that I can't make it up your way to Farmington this year. tmm

You shouldn't ask me. I've always been in love with Coronets. I've been thinking about selling my Dart to have another.

You shouldn't ask me. I've always been in love with Coronets. I've been thinking about selling my Dart to have another.

I'm with you there. One reason why I like 66 Darts. The front's look like 65 Coronets. I saw this car last year and it was quite nice. I talked to the owner for a hour and didn't take any photos. I got the heads up from a customer of mine that knows I like Mopars. I need to talk to my Banker. This spring I hope to sell my half of the 2010 Challenger project I have going. That would give me 1/2 the money for the Coronet. No sleep for me tonight! lol

I never sleep. I'm always thinking about Mopars. Good luck with your choice.

Here's one that's close.

Attachments

• 65 coronet.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 349
I'd hate to see you sell the Dart. If it's a matter of storage space, I'm sure you could work something out with the Mae brothers. I think they have plenty of room.

Hell, Joe has plenty of room too.

I'd lean toward the Coronet Mike. But.....I really hope someone here can get the Dart so we can see it for years to come, if that's the way you decide to go.

Here's one that's close.

Damn that is beautiful.
My first car was a 65 coronet my grandpa gave me.
Totaled it when I was 18
Had a 65 satellite about 10 years ago 440 tunnel ram 4-speed, 513 gears, cage super fun car.
The body lines on the 65 B-bodys are just sexy.

I had 64 Polara 500 and have a a 65 Satellite I'm restoring. They are great cars. The size is perfect. A factory 426 4spd and black to boot? Sell the Dart.

Dart what Dart? Oh the one you sold to get a black beauty. No doubt in my mind as to which one I would want.

-
Back