seller won't return my pm's

-
from what I'm told you have no recourse if you send it as a gift and it seems to me that everyone wants the money sent as a gift.

What is it that you bought?

the downside for me is I bought it for a friend and he couldn't wait any longer so now even if I got it I don't need it.i think i'll just write it off and move on.i'm tired of this.

for as fast as the OP ships out items he sells, he should get the same courtesy in return.

Nine days is way too long if this person has your money ....its one thing to drag out the deal making process or freebies, but once money has been paid then it should become the seller's priority.

And if someone takes advantage of the gift function on paypal then he or she needs to be called out because if people send money via gift button then that is the honor system and that is cold and low down and no honor in taking advantage of that.

Honor system? Lol that's LACK of honor when people cheat to save a couple bucks and check the "gift" box. It was NOT a gift, plain and simple. Cheat the system, lose any and all protection from PayPal.

Honor system? Lol that's LACK of honor when people cheat to save a couple bucks and check the "gift" box. It was NOT a gift, plain and simple. Cheat the system, lose any and all protection from PayPal.

that is an excellent point.....its harder to see the cheating in the action when its against a multi-million dollar company as opposed to an individual .....however it is what it is and using the gift button when its not a gift is probably not a good idea. I can relate to not wanting to pay the paypal fee. Don't make it right though LOL

please allow the sleazy lawyer to give his two cents....

i have purchased a lot of parts and six vehicles from ebay and FABO. my most recent large purchase was an OEM AM/FM radio for my 68 barracuda. i paid the guy $550.00. before i send anyone any money at all i get their name and address. if they will not provide that information then i don't purchase from them. the exception is buying stuff from ebay where ebay guarantees the purchase. over the last eight years, i've filed and served one seller with a law suit; threatened two other sellers with suit; and had ebay refund three purchases due to deceptive practices on behalf of the seller. but these problems represent MAYBE 5% of all the hundreds of purchases that i've made "on-line." if you get someone's name and address and they do the "ignore" routine, then you can send them a certified letter, return receipt requested asking for your part or your money back. whether or not they accept that letter, if they do not respond you can then go to your local "Magistrate" or "small claims court" or "District Justice" (whatever your state has) and file a suit. these actions usually do not cost very much to file (generally $35-75.00) and you can easily "represent yourself" at this level of litigation. in about 90% of cases, your seller will respond once they get served with court papers.

on larger purchases, like expensive parts or vehicles, you MUST send the seller a simple contract to sign first and then returned to you stating the item to be purchased, the price, and the payment terms. again, if a seller will not provide you something "in writing" regarding the transaction, that's a good sign you should pass this deal up. i always get a contract signed first and then send the seller a personal check either as a deposit or as full payment. a personal check is very helpful because if the seller signs and deposits that check, YOUR bank will have a copy. you need to get a copy of this check for your records. once a person signs and deposits a check from someone, failure on their part to complete the purchase not only opens them up to a civil suit for damages, it also exposes them to criminal charges. AND a check sent to someone "out of state" that is "stolen" constitutes a "federal felony." after more than 25 years of practicing criminal law, i can tell you that under no circumstances do you EVER want to get charged by "the feds" with a federal criminal violation. most federal jurisdictions have a criminal conviction rate of over 90%.

most people i have dealt with have been decent car-loving folks. the few dirt bags i have run into changed their behavior once i've told them that "we can do this the easy way or we can do this the hard way.." as i said, just get some basic information from the seller so you can find that person if you need to. if you don't have a personal checking account or don't know anyone who does, then use a money order from the U.S. POST OFFICE - not a private company money order. as you may guess, stealing money from a postal money order is a federal offense and you will have the federal postal inspectors at your local post office to help you out if your seller "absconds" with your money.

one last suggestion, if you get contact information from a seller and the transaction is going south, send them a certified letter giving them one week, two weeks, (whatever you want) to respond and tell them after that point you will seek legal representation and/or contact the appropriate authorities.

hope these suggestions help everyone here at FABO...

That's all well and good, but if you have a job and/or your own business, chasing a dirtbag can cost more than its worth. And if they have cheated others in the past, which they probably have, letters, etc. mean nothing to them. The laws always seem to protect the bad people.
Don't ask how I know this!

How many people here have been ripped off by other members, here or on other boards, or on eBay?

How many people here have been ripped off by other members, here or on other boards, or on eBay?

never

and ive sent hundreds of dollars in cash through the mail and bought tons off ebay.

If im not getting good communication from them, or don't feel right about it , I don't do business with them

Only once on here.
I guess he thought that 25 bucks is worth it to lose your respect on here.
He got flamed by other people on here for this and hasn't posted for over a year now.
So be it.

never

and ive sent hundreds of dollars in cash through the mail and bought tons off ebay.

If im not getting good communication from them, or don't feel right about it , I don't do business with them

x2 Never had an issue with any of the purchases I have made from FABO members. (knocking on wood)

Be well all

x2 Never had an issue with any of the purchases I have made from FABO members. (knocking on wood)

Be well all

X2 ....never any problems here and I have literally spent thousands here over the years I have been here. There are wayyyy more good guys here than bad.

BTW 73AbodEE .....the avatar is totally awesome

I have had a 100% success rate here, Ebay as well although I have only made 4 or 5 transactions there..

I was on another forum and purchased a few items from a member there and had a bit of a time. I paid for the items and waited and waited............ after a bit I got a little antsy so I contacted the local Sheriff's Dept. in his area for starters.

This was when MySpace was prevalent so I did a search and found him, found his Mother through his contacts who put me in touch with his Dad. After a short conversation with his Dad, I had a tracking number by the end of the day for my stuff.

A little extreme, yes, but he put himself in the position.

I have had great experiences buying and selling parts here
Although i have sold more than i have bought i just feel if your going to take someones money why not take the time out of your life and go ship the part a.s.a.p
I understand some people work hard and cant make it to the post office or shipping company right away thats fine maybe just state that to the buyer so they know it is going to take a few days or a week
I always say to my buddies that us mopar guys are are honest and stand up guys and gals
Lets keep it that way

X2 ....never any problems here and I have literally spent thousands here over the years I have been here. There are wayyyy more good guys here than bad. BTW 73AbodEE .....the avatar is totally awesome
hehe she says you have a nice backside lance

I've had nothing but good results here. I've stepped on toes and had mine stepped on, but other than a few exception, I wouldn't hesitate to do business with fabo members.

I have had a 100% success rate here, Ebay as well although I have only made 4 or 5 transactions there..

I was on another forum and purchased a few items from a member there and had a bit of a time. I paid for the items and waited and waited............ after a bit I got a little antsy so I contacted the local Sheriff's Dept. in his area for starters.

This was when MySpace was prevalent so I did a search and found him, found his Mother through his contacts who put me in touch with his Dad. After a short conversation with his Dad, I had a tracking number by the end of the day for my stuff.

A little extreme, yes, but he put himself in the position.

Good for you! I hate it when people get taken over the coals like that, and all you're trying to do is make an honest business deal.

I have had great experiences buying and selling parts here
Although i have sold more than i have bought i just feel if your going to take someones money why not take the time out of your life and go ship the part a.s.a.p
I understand some people work hard and cant make it to the post office or shipping company right away thats fine maybe just state that to the buyer so they know it is going to take a few days or a week
I always say to my buddies that us mopar guys are are honest and stand up guys and gals
Lets keep it that way

Good philosophy. Both parties need to respect each other's commitment. Listing the part and it's true condition, communicating during the transaction, and even after the transaction regarding delivery and condition upon arrival.

When I did purchase on line, I used to ask for photos of the product just prior to packaging, ,an during packaging. I would then take pics of the package uupon deliver, and the product upon opening it so if there were any issues, there was no questions that it wasn't anything I did to the piece.

Also, I always insisted on insurance on the package, UPS will cover up to $100.00 if a package is not insured, but id the piece is worth more, you should ALWAYS insist that it be insured for the price you paid for it.

Most times I buy something under $100 I usually send cash.
I've never gotten ripped off
Here or Craigslist

:burnout:

-
Back