Selling parts

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
In want ad's I usually look for a location on a signature . If I don't see it I usually don't answer. Maybe others will see this and get the drift if they need parts show an address. . I have tons of parts but will no longer send out of the US do to past problems with shipping costs. The quote is always a lot lower then the actual charges. ???. I have many parts left here but I found some of my parts selling for more then I charged the buyer. So I answer want adds as I see fit. Sorry but this is only caused by other members looking to make money on others. This just happened with a gas cap sold it for $30 locally and saw it resell for $100. I also get several missing parts that I know were secured in the package. This always seems to only be when they go to foreigners. Steve

The "I wanted/need this so bad for my car" routine and then you see it up for sale the next week at 2x+ your selling price. Happens often. Just have to be happy with your selling price and move and... just remember who pulls that stuff in case they ever call again. :)

The other for me is holding parts for people then seeing them out buying parts with money they should send you to finish a deal. Especially irritating when they buy something that you really need. Hard enough to find some stuff, even harder when the others are buying with money they should be sending you. LOL

Ya u dang hockey hosers lol love you northern guys. I do understand your frustration with selling parts though.

In want ad's I usually look for a location on a signature . If I don't see it I usually don't answer. Maybe others will see this and get the drift if they need parts show an address. . I have tons of parts but will no longer send out of the US do to past problems with shipping costs. The quote is always a lot lower then the actual charges. ???. I have many parts left here but I found some of my parts selling for more then I charged the buyer. So I answer want adds as I see fit. Sorry but this is only caused by other members looking to make money on others. This just happened with a gas cap sold it for $30 locally and saw it resell for $100. I also get several missing parts that I know were secured in the package. This always seems to only be when they go to foreigners. Steve

I see that happen quite often with one member on here that is a professional seller. He ends up taking parts away from members that need them for their cars and putting them on eBay for 4 or 5 times what he paid. He offers no support to other members and is here just to line his pockets. To me he is nothing but a vendor that is getting by without paying the vendor fees.

Hey Steve, Do you have a spot in Carlise in July?

Steve,

If you're going to Carlisle in July let me know - I'd like to meet up with you!

D

I understand the frustration, Steve. I don't sell much but when I make a change of plan or find a better quality replacement I usually let stuff go pretty fast, usually on CL. It always irks me to see my same item marked up & immediately back on CL. I know it shouldn't bother me, but I'm not out to get rich (at least not from used parts) & it does feel like someone who might've put it right to use on a project got slighted.

I agree with cracked... Gotta be happy with your selling price, hands down. I see my stuff in other people's swap spaces all the time... Heck, I've been watching a rear valance I sold to a guy years ago for $40..... Started out in his spot for $175, been coming down steadily for the past 5-6 years now. It'll eventually sell... For the $40 it's really worth!!!

Don't sweat it guys, a good friend of mine once told me..."his money in your pocket is gonna feel way better than your back will after loading it up AGAIN!!!" Words I live by when selling stuff!!

Yep; everyone has their own horror story.You and everyone else have the right to put any price on these parts you want.When you put a "hobby" price on something then that is your reward.You have no right to anything else. If you give something away-it's not yours any longer,the best thing you can do is-let it go.You can backbite-backstab-*****-moan-cry-kick your feet in the air,but the bottom line is-you priced it!

I agree, Steve. I usually only like to give someone a deal who needs the parts, not someone who is going to resell them. It is a fun hobby for me, not a way to make someone else richer.

The "I wanted/need this so bad for my car" routine and then you see it up for sale the next week at 2x+ your selling price. Happens often. Just have to be happy with your selling price and move and... just remember who pulls that stuff in case they ever call again. :)

The other for me is holding parts for people then seeing them out buying parts with money they should send you to finish a deal. Especially irritating when they buy something that you really need. Hard enough to find some stuff, even harder when the others are buying with money they should be sending you. LOL
funny how that works , isn't it

-
Back