Semi-Custom Dash

Which auxillary gauge option do you like?

• Go with the pod in picture 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go with the in-dash option in picture 2

Votes: 45 83.3%
  • Leave the dash stock like it was intended

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Who needs more gauges anyway?

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
-
Thanks for all the feedback on the dash. In addition to the auxillary gauges replacing the radio and ash tray, I've decided to go with a complete custom dash similar to fstfish66's dash - I really like what he's done to his . I now have on hand a set of VDO oil pressure, water temp, ammeter, fuel level, speedometer and tach to replace the original gauges and will be listing all the original stuff including the 150MPH speedometer and tach in a couple of days.

are the new tach and speedo 5 inch diameter ??? the middle holes in the dash are 5 inches and the 4 outer gauges are just over 2 inches

To fit the smaller gauges in the bezel, I rolled some sandpaper around my 2 in hole saw and sanded until the gauges (2 & 1/6 diameter) slid into place. VDO doesn't make a 5 inch speedo/tach; theirs is 4 inch. I plan on using the metal adapters from the original bezel (with some minor mods). They ary just about 4 inch. I'll post pictures either during the build or after everything is complete and done. With what little time I have, it'll probably be the latter.

yes i also had to sand out the smaller holes,, i used a sanding drum on a drill worked great,, i dont know what you meen by metal orignal adapters,, do you meen from the after market gauges???

I like choice # 2 you posted I went with similar to fastfish's but will retain the stock speedo and performance indicator(vacume gauge) and will get a monster tach for on top of the dash,this will be for my "waggin II pro street project.I think fastfish outdun us all with his setup WoW! nice work you guy's are doin!!! I plan to put cd player where the heater controls used to be and those lil round lights for turn signal indicators and for high beam indicator

dash1.JPG

ive gone mechanical oil and water, my last elec water temp guage @~@~@~@~@~@ ,,,,,,,,well i wont say what i said when it shot up and stayed there! ive replaced my whole dash as was so hacked by previous owner,will upload pics when done,basically 1 piece brushed flat 3mm alu sheet , 6"stewart warner kph speedo,2" oil,water,fuel,amps,volts,push button start and 3 switches,lights,wipers,rad fan.simples.....

-
Back