Semi Slicks on 4,5" backspacing?

-

Moparornocar51

Reaction score
Hi guys i want 15x8 wheels with 4,5" backspacing at my rear, i have an 72er duster with 8 3/4 rearend and 255/60 15 Semi Slicks, would that fit?

Thanks Peter

Hi Peter, you should measure the possible bsp with your existing rim. Only way To make sure its ok. The 255/60 tire ist fine on a 8 inch rim.

Michael

Thx Michel i will do that soon, the only problem is that i borred some drag lite wheels and i guess the have around 3,5" backspace around, and the tires touches my rear fenders, if i would have 4,5" backspace it would work i think, but like you said i have to measure it

Thx Peter

do you mean really "semi slicks" for round course or drag radials? My friend is one of the biggest dealers of these "semi slicks" (Toyo R888 for example), these are not the best tire for drag racing.

If you mean drag radials then it´s ok....

From what i measured at my rear axle 4,5" Bsp should fit, 4" Bsp should be ideal. I think your springs are in the same location, maybe the outer wheelhouse is bigger / wider compared to my valiant. My brother runs 8x15 / 4"Bsp on his Dart with 255/60-15 - it´s ok after trimming the outer lip of the wheelhouse. If i remember correctly i ran 255/60-15 on my old duster with 4"Bsp - no Problem.

Michael

-
Back