Serial # ID

-

mike1965

Reaction score
Can I find out the orig. color of my car and interior color from my serial number or how do I find out

Thanks Mike

You can also send off to Chrysler Historical and for $45.00 they will mail you the original IBM card, and a breakdown of what the car came with and where it was originally sold. I did it for my 66 Barracuda. Found out exterior and interior color codes, engine, trans, A/C, custom seat belts, axle ratio, etc. They have build records from 1930 - 1967 only.

I can't find the website I used to download the order form but here's some info.

Please contact Chrysler Historical Services at that time for such information and materials as:
Owner and service manuals: 1915 - 1990
Photographs
Production numbers
Build records:
U.S.-built trucks from 1930 - 1950
U.S.-built cars from 1930 - 1967

Note:

The Chrysler Historical Services does not have build records relating to Jeep®, AMC or Canadian-built vehicles.
Production Data (IBM) cards - Copies of IBM cards for vehicle from 1967 and older: There is a fee for three photocopies, and you can only get strictly limited information from the card, not even decoding of the data plate.
Mailing address:
Chrysler Group LLC - Historical Services
12501 Chrysler Fwy.
CIMS 410-11-21
Detroit, MI 48288 USA
ATTN: Historical Information

E-mail: [email protected]

Fax:
313-252-2928

Gotta build sheet??

No

Build sheet or fender tag.

I do have a fender tag I will get the info off it , how do I go about finding out what it translates to.

You can also send off to Chrysler Historical and for $45.00 they will mail you the original IBM card, and a breakdown of what the car came with and where it was originally sold. I did it for my 66 Barracuda. Found out exterior and interior color codes, engine, trans, A/C, custom seat belts, axle ratio, etc. They have build records from 1930 - 1967 only.

I can't find the website I used to download the order form but here's some info.

Please contact Chrysler Historical Services at that time for such information and materials as:
Owner and service manuals: 1915 - 1990
Photographs
Production numbers
Build records:
U.S.-built trucks from 1930 - 1950
U.S.-built cars from 1930 - 1967

Note:

The Chrysler Historical Services does not have build records relating to Jeep®, AMC or Canadian-built vehicles.
Production Data (IBM) cards - Copies of IBM cards for vehicle from 1967 and older: There is a fee for three photocopies, and you can only get strictly limited information from the card, not even decoding of the data plate.
Mailing address:
Chrysler Group LLC - Historical Services
12501 Chrysler Fwy.
CIMS 410-11-21
Detroit, MI 48288 USA
ATTN: Historical Information

E-mail: [email protected]

Fax:
313-252-2928

Than you if I can't find anything I will try them

This is most likely a Canadian car I don't think Chrysler historical has Canadian records.

Brian

Thank you Brian your rite it is a Canadian car

Citroen?? Gold? Hard to tell, that pic is pretty far away! Post a pic of the fender tag, that at shed some light on this for you! Geof

I do have a fender tag I will get the info off it , how do I go about finding out what it translates to.

Take a picture or post the info and someone here can help you decode it or where to find the code.

On the tag where it sez PNT it sez this YY1 and theres a TRM and it sez H4T does this help

H4T= High trim level/4=Vinyl split bench/T=Tan
YY1= light tan metallic 1= monotone paint

H4T= High trim level/4=Vinyl split bench/T=Tan
YY1= light tan metallic 1= monotone paint

Thank you very much for this info

So the interior is Tan color HUH looks gold to me , I will take some good and close up pix of the seats

Mike

This car was owned buy the orig. owner till he died and was all orig he was an older man that just drove the car and the car sat in an under ground for 16-17 years and then the second owner bought the car and he owned it for 15 years and I known him for about 20 years and he left the orig. interior in the car only came out to do the cage and it went rite back in then it went to the third owner me and I never changed it.

Heres some pix I took of it and it looks like fawn/gold to me

What do you guy's think

-
Back