Seriously wrong Car Identifications ?????????

-
I confuse even the MOPAR folks on occasion :)
Valiant Signet....

IMG_20241015_082050~2.jpg

IMG_20241015_082031~2.jpg

IMG_20241015_082046.jpg

:rofl: And you don't even have a cowl induction hood on the ol' girl.
We had a guy in my car club who called them Cow In-Duck-Shun.
That's no Bull.
I used to have a Chevy guy at school tell me my Challenger was a Chafee. When I corrected him he said they were the same cars different trim levels.
Best was when my car was at my buddies body shop. He did work for a few new car dealers to add stripes etc to make new cars special on the lot.
Guy told his buddy my Dart Sport was the new Mustang.

We had a guy in my car club who called them Cow In-Duck-Shun.
That's no Bull.
I used to have a Chevy guy at school tell me my Challenger was a Chafee. When I corrected him he said they were the same cars different trim levels.
Best was when my car was at my buddies body shop. He did work for a few new car dealers to add stripes etc to make new cars special on the lot.
Guy told his buddy my Dart Sport was the new Mustang.
:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :rofl::rofl::rofl: Wow!

Had a local 10 min. type oil change place. One side the sign said the special Oil Change with price. The other side sign had Earl Change. It stayed like that a long time.

Last edited:
A guy I know worked the parts counter at a Ford dealer. Lady came in, I need parts for my husbands car. He's out out of town deployed. His car she pronounced it as his car is Ford Phi-Sew
He went and looked it was a F-150 truck bet ya did not know it's pronounced Phi-Sew

A guy I know worked the parts counter at a Ford dealer. Lady came in, I need parts for my husbands car. He's out out of town deployed. His car she pronounced it as his car is Ford Phi-Sew
He went and looked it was a F-150 truck bet ya did not know it's pronounced Phi-Sew
Took a sec for that to register

:lol:

Like the Bro coming in for a part for his "duce and a quarter" (Buick Electra 225) Or as they said "Lectra 225"

:BangHead: :BangHead: :rofl:

Had a local 10 type oil change place. One side the sign said the special Oil Change with price. The other side sign had Earl Change. It stayed like that a long time.
That one side of the sign was supposed to be shipped to Brooklyn.

I was towing my '54 Triumph TR-2 roadster home several years ago.

Stopped for fuel in Indiana and two guys shouted..."love your Studebaker!"...

And meanwhile there's a guy on the net,....complaining that some guy at the gas station called his 1966 Chevy 2 a Dart Swinger.

Last edited:
In 2007 I was at an SAE lighting standards development meeting. Sat down next to the Chrysler delegate and asked him something or other about the lighting system on the recently-launched Dodge Matrix. Took a beat and a half before I processed what I'd said and had to go "I mean Caliber".

(I didn't beat myself up too hard about it; as far as I was concerned the Toyota Matrix and Dodge Caliber were more or less the same, and I didn't care to think much about either of them.)

We had a young couple move in across the street in the spring. The first time I got the Cuda out for trip around the block it was all stop and stare. Any ways, when I went over to introduce myself later that week he asked if the car was a Mustang.

My employee, whom I've mentioned previously, is a quite pretty young gal who's had a 1968 AMX for a couple of years now. It's been called a Mustang, Camaro, Nova and Charger because apparently nobody remembers AMC. What really gets her irate, though, are the guys that do remember, think they know something, and ask her about it:

"It's a 290/4-speed car."
"You mean 390. AMC didn't make a 290."
"Weird that they'd put a 290 emblem on each quarter and a decal on the air cleaner, then."
Guy turns to his pal: "She means 390."
She turns to his pal: "He doesn't know anything about cars."

"My buddy had one like this. It this a six-cylinder too?"
"They never put six-cylinders in the AMX."
"Sure they did. My friend had one."
"OK, but AMC didn't build it."
*Guy sees "290" logo on quarter* "Hun, I hate to tell you but the 290's a six."
"Can you count to eight? Or would opening the hood embarrass you?"

She can get pretty savage, but being a "car guy" is a tough gig for an attractive 21-year-old.

I had one just like it except it was a brown station wagon with a convertible top and a V-12 Detroit diesel and a 6 speed out of a Ferrari.

Studebaker guy took his Stude to a local guy who has built some stout Chevy motors. After studying the Stude's 289 (Studebaker) engine, he went to the local parts store and bought a bunch of parts for a fifties Y-block Ford. None of them fit, of course.

-
Back