Service Manual?

-
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm about to start restoring my '70 Duster and I need a little literature to help me along. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good service manual (I searched around a bit, and the only one I can find is for 6 cylinders only), as well as any other books that might come in handy? A list of options available for that year would also be helpful. Thanks!

Hi..and Welcome. An actual 1970 Plymouth service manual is what you want. They are available in a CD as well but I like to take the book with me near the car I'm working on.
Year One and all kinds of places sell repop book manuals...

The only one I found on Year One is titled "1970 Plymouth service manual," but it doesn't specify being for a Duster or an A Body. Is this the one I want? Sorry, I know it's kind of a dumb question, but these things are kind of expensive, so I want to make sure I get the right one the first time (after all, whatever money I spend on books I can't spend on the car). Thanks again!

That would be the one you'd want to get. they have all the cars from that year in there, separated by carline/type.
Also check out this site: http://www.moparmanuals.com/mopar/main/Home.asp
They have all the service manuals on CD. Its a bit cheaper than buying from year-one.
For my car I have the actual service manual, but I got tired of getting it dirty, so I got the CD and print out the pages I need. Pretty handy also to take to parts stores and swap meets.
If you're located in Southern California, the Pomona Swap meet is next sunday, there are always a few guys there with huge truckloads of service manuals, you may be able to find one relatively cheap there.

-
Back