Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Contact seller
For Sale: Set of 16 valves springs P5249464

Shipping from: Spokane, Washington, zip 99001
Price: $75 OBO plus shipping
Payment Methods Accepted: Paypal or Money Order. Buy pays fees

Replaced the valve springs that come on the Mopar Performance R/T cylinder heads I am running. These are rated at up to 0.525" lift and 270 lbs open.

Replaced them with the next heavier springs per the recommendation of the cam grinder. Never had an issue with them.

These can be used on OEM Magnum heads but require different retainers.

P7180686.JPG

Magnum heads, hydraulic roller cam?

He must have deleted his post?

They are Magnum head specific, and (I don't think) specific to roller cams but works on them.

They are not new, ran them on my motor for a several years and maybe 2000 miles.

What retainers do these use? Do you have a part number for them? I'm interested depending on if I can find the retainers for a decent price.

What retainers do these use? Do you have a part number for them? I'm interested depending on if I can find the retainers for a decent price.

I will look it up. I know they are just common 2.2/2.5 FWD retainers and the stock keepers work, but I don't have a part number.

The recommended retainer is P4452032

Mopar Performance P4452032 Mopar Performance Valve Spring Retainers | Summit Racing

Kind of spendy but not discontinued. I think the price is due to the material. This same retainer is recommended for the 2.2/2.5 and people use the standard ones without issues.

Note that there are discrepancies on the angle of the keepers. The MP catalog I am looking at says those retainers use 8 degree keepers, but the Summit listing says 7 degree. Just an FYI.

Lastly, I guess these are the same springs the 380hp crate motor shipped with. If that gives any idea of the application.

Mopar Performance P4452032 Mopar Performance Valve Spring Retainers | Summit Racing

Kind of spendy but not discontinued. I think the price is due to the material. This same retainer is recommended for the 2.2/2.5 and people use the standard ones without issues.

Note that there are discrepancies on the angle of the keepers. The MP catalog I am looking at says those retainers use 8 degree keepers, but the Summit listing says 7 degree. Just an FYI.

Lastly, I guess these are the same springs the 380hp crate motor shipped with. If that gives any idea of the application.

Summit is clueless.

Thanks for looking that up. I'll have to pass for now.

I have found several people that are running the stock 2.2/2.5 retainer with these springs with no issues. $20 at a junkyard or $5.35 each on RockAuto?

Another possible option would be the Hughes 1278 retainer. Not sure for it would work, but seems like it should and worth a call to ask. $66 for a set.

Call Hughes engine, IIRC they have retainers for magnum springs that allow more valve guide to retainer clearance. Their original retainers, which I have, only allows for about 20 thousandths clearance with a 512 lift cam.

Call Hughes engine, IIRC they have retainers for magnum springs that allow more valve guide to retainer clearance. Their original retainers, which I have, only allows for about 20 thousandths clearance with a 512 lift cam.

Right, but these are aftermarket MP springs and won't work with the original Magnum retainers. These are a square spring while the OEM Magnum spring is a slight beehive and taper at the top. So the original retainers are too small to be used on these springs and anything that Hughes sells to work with the original springs won't work with them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back