set timing at TDC timing gear slot shows 2 /7 when dizzy droped in my new motor

-

winstoninwisc

Taint easy livin free,season ticket ona 1wayride
Reaction score
HEY FAMILY , busting my ball s here , wanted to fire tonight berore midnight PCT !/4 to11
aint happening RR OU812 OLD MAm mopar , Aboddee ,70aar ,pitsah , screws, 6 hours
total 200.00 the rest Donated to me +Fabo Family donations ,tarades and blowoutsale brother Type guy Just not a member
I will be bying him a membership.he"s an every thing builder , self taught 45 years ago, 10 champion chips with his engines,midgets sprints , and modified WORLD RECORD22 RACE NIGHTS ON 1 MOTOR and won the champion chip . he"s out shooting pistals tonight , an dwont be around untill noon tommoro .
soihave to turn to my Family RR you got this 1 yet ? crackback 0U812, MRL PLEASE go to my profile , down to hooking up exhaust manifolds pretty much 2 personjob . dropping in dizzy ,throw on carb , Hook battery , turn key ,and fire , tune . a ll easy exept exhaust manifolds , being 65 BARRACUDA early A body , put hood on finally in 2 1.2 years . 6 pack demon or other mods pleaselet this slide with my telly # THIS IS AN EMERGANCY , NOT OF HEALTH BUT " BLOWN , MOPAR ENGINE , I NEED HELP QUIK ,SO I CAN GO SLEEP and stil lmake saterday to Gun tune and daetail yet for sunday show . THE FANILY WILLL Understand
I"ts a 1 time thing for a call shout HELP 1 six 0 8837 fortyfour 2 seven
thanks all standingby to pick up phone . please know your chit thanks fabo family we might make it yet , SUNDAY AT NOON hood or , no hood ,HAGR812 ALL Winston

It doesn't really mater where the slot is. It maters where the rotor winds up, and even that is re-workable. However, if the slot is put in a certain position, it really speeds things along.
To that end, you want the rotor to be pointing somewhere in the vicinity of the drivers side front intake bolt with the #1 piston at TDC on the compression stroke. Usually the rotor and dizzy drive are on the same plane, so that means the slot at the top of the oil pump drive should also be pointed in the vicinity of the drivers side front intake bolt.
If its not, simply stick a large screwdriver in the slot, and crank the drive up out of the cam gear and turn it one or two teeth at a time until you get it. Often the hex at the bottom will not re-enter the oilpump. If/when this happens crank the balancer over a few degrees until the drive drops in, and the put the balancer back where you started from.Notice that as the drive re-engages the cam it spirals to a different location than that which you had intended. Keep at it until you get it. Drop the dizzy in,push the Vcan towards the firewall.crank the engine over to 10 or 15* advance, Pull the Vcan forward to align the reluctor to the nearest vane, or points to just open. Pop the cap on. The tower above the rotor will be #1, irregardless of how it may be marked. Wire the rest of the cables in accordance of the firing order.
If it so happens that the tower above the rotor is not marked #1, and you just can't stand it,simply pull the Vcan to find the next tower, or reindex the pump drive exactly 1/8 turn, and repeat the procedure.
Ima guessing this is what your Greek was asking?

Last edited:
Best guess would be that Winston is using either Dragon Speak or Google Speech to Text. Sometime not the greatest for dictation. Almost always have to proof read it.

Best guess would be that Winston is using either Dragon Speak or Google Speech to Text. Sometime not the greatest for dictation. Almost always have to proof read it.
AJ/FormS is a mind reader, and definitely can read between the lines! I was wondering if that`s what he was asking, but got lost on the second half of his post . they must have some powerful home brew up there ! LOL

I just tried to call, but got voice mail. I hope you got it figured out, or listen to my message and see if that helps...

-
Back