Setting up gears in an 8-3/4

-
Did everything work out ok with the gears in the car? I am going through this exact same thing right now. This thread has some good info!!

Did everything work out ok with the gears in the car? I am going through this exact same thing right now. This thread has some good info!!

Well they work ok but howl between 45-55 mph. Not terrible but enough to be annoying. I meant to call Motive gear about them to see what they say but I've been too busy everyday lately until after their closed. Hopefully next week I'll get around to it.

And remember kids when doing this for the first time always make sure you are turning in the right direction! Believe me I know, I spent a long time trying to figure out a pattern problem because I was going the wrong direction.

And remember kids when doing this for the first time always make sure you are turning in the right direction! Believe me I know, I spent a long time trying to figure out a pattern problem because I was going the wrong direction.

Yeah it took me quite a bit of looking at the pics to make sure I was doing it right too. I knew I was turning it in the right direction but figuring out the patterns was a challenge at first. You also have to remember to put some pressure on the carrier to hold it back some so the pattern marks good.

-
Back