shaft mount rocker spacing??

-

Youngthrill

69 GT
Reaction score
so im installing my new prw(shaft mount rockers and was wondering how much space go between them.....i have it so the tip doesent slide off the valve...i have .018 between rocker and spacer..but then goes to zero on the other end..:banghead:

The spacers on the shaft between the individual rockers should be such that each rocker is centered on the valve stem. Shaft spacers are used to center the tip of the rocker front to back while shims under the shafts - and or push rod lengths are used to center the tips in the other axis. Ideally you want the rocker tip centered in both axis throughout a full cycle.

The spacers on the shaft between the individual rockers should be such that each rocker is centered on the valve stem. Shaft spacers are used to center the tip of the rocker front to back while shims under the shafts - and or push rod lengths are used to center the tips in the other axis. Ideally you want the rocker tip centered in both axis throughout a full cycle.

x2

You have to "stack" the rockers,spacers,shims in order to achieve this several times but once you have them all centered you then are good to go. If I remember correctly I started in the center of the shafts and worked my way out to each end of the shafts.

From what I read on other posts, add/subtract shims & spacers to center the roller tip on the valve. Also read that .010"-.015" clearance between each pair of rocker arms. Hope this helps, in conjunction with what others above have posted.

hey thanks guys...starting in the middle is a good tip...the shop is slow today so ill have time to finsh...once again fabo is the sh#@%

With a little patience should end up with pattern in the middle of the valve tip.

Attachments

• 006 (3).JPG
    118 KB · Views: 103
-
Back