Shapeways for Convertible Latch and '66 Headlight Adjusters

-

Jim Kueneman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
It has been a while since I have posted this so for new folks. If you want a manual convertible top latch that actually works (it is a bit bigger than stock but it will HOLD) or '66 headlight adjusters that are rivited in I have them on my Shapeways Store. Note I make zero profit. on these. The price is the base price that Shapeways charges to have them made.

Mustangpeak Designs by fbfdc26 - Shapeways Shops

I wonder how they would hold up in the heat down here. The last nylon ones I put on here, where they've seen 125degree heat in the shade and much hotter in the sun, worked for a summer, the heat bent them out and they broke between the two bolts/rivets. 3 sets in 5 years and gave up getting more from a different vendor.
20240229_072335.jpg

Been using speaker wire and twisting it around the stops and the top frame to keep the top down for years as a result.

I've toyed with the idea of making a cad diagram and 3d printing some with carbon fiber media.

What is the strength difference between Natural, Processed, and Premium?

Are the black ones stronger than the white ones?

I wonder how they would hold up in the heat down here. The last nylon ones I put on here, where they've seen 125degree heat in the shade and much hotter in the sun, worked for a summer, the heat bent them out and they broke between the two bolts/rivets. 3 sets in 5 years and gave up getting more from a different vendor.
View attachment 1716214365
Been using speaker wire and twisting it around the stops and the top frame to keep the top down for years as a result.

I've toyed with the idea of making a cad diagram and 3d printing some with carbon fiber media.

What is the strength difference between Natural, Processed, and Premium?

Are the black ones stronger than the white ones?

What you have is exactly why I made these as those were junk. I don’t think there’s any difference in strength of material. It’s just how smooth of a finish it gives. I live in the desert so mine have seen hundred plus days many times.

What you have is exactly why I made these as those were junk. I don’t think there’s any difference in strength of material. It’s just how smooth of a finish it gives. I live in the desert so mine have seen hundred plus days many times.
Great, Thank You Jim! I ordered a pair for the dart.

-
Back