Sharkstooth grille question

-

Slappy

Reaction score
I have a 1970 plymouth Duster non-340 car. Did this car in any form come with a sharktooth grille? Mine had a black grille when I bought it. I am considering taking the sharkstooth grille out and putting the stock grille in. I am under the impression that the 70 never came with it. What are your thoughts? I like the way it looks but I want my car to at least have the correct grille. The sharkstooth may go up for sale. It is an 8 out of a 10. What should I ask for it? Tod

No sharktooth in 1970.

Seen ST grilles sell for anywhere from 200 to 2000 for an NOS piece. Grilles in decent shape usually get around 400-800 if complete.

I think prices got overly inflated on these in the last couple years...You can buy a new re-pro for $775., and I've recently saw some that needed some minor repairs sell under $400.

http://www.cudagrille.com/index.php

I suppose it's whatever the buyer is willing to pay/afford...

Either way, I don't think you'll have a hard time selling it.

All the best!

Well here is the grille currently in my car. What do you think its worth? Do you think stock would be more appropriate? It does not seem to fit right. View bottom left. I have seen this before. Why is this? If I force it the grille might break. Is it because my car is a 70?

001.JPG

Oh I forgot. I found a reconditioned stock 70 grille with nos turn signals for 450.00 shipped. Is this a good price?

I have a 70 grill you can buy for 300.00 plus it has the turn signals.

I am already dealing with a guy on the grille. He is the one who re-conditioned the sharkstooth in the picture. I was just wondering about the price.

yeah, i agree with 1968formulas340. leave it in. you just need to put the factory blackout behind it. i love a s/t grille. tooooooooooooooo sweeeeet.

-
Back