Sharktooth-correct Paint?

-

71Demon

Reaction score
Does Anyone Have A Picture Of A Sharktooth Grill Painted The Way The Factory Did Them. I Have Seen So Many Variations. Thanks

Thanks Butter Duster. Those are nice. I can see what I need to do now. Lots of tape and time...LOL

Note that there is a noticeable amount of silver overspray, they were far perfect from the factory. Trying to save you some masking time.
Good luck with the project, keep us updated on the progress.
All the best.

I got a friend that has a NOS grille still in the original box. He's got like a dozen of them. I'll try and get some pictures of it. I'll get some of mine, too. Its a 1972 grille. Curious to see what the NOS one looks like compared to a factory one.

I got a friend that has a NOS grille still in the original box. He's got like a dozen of them. I'll try and get some pictures of it. I'll get some of mine, too. Its a 1972 grille. Curious to see what the NOS one looks like compared to a factory one.

HUH!?!? #-o

I got a friend that has a NOS grille still in the original box. He's got like a dozen of them

Any friend on yours is a friend of mine..LOL

What I would like to know is what's the difference between an NOS and/or a factory one?

Sorry but still didn't get hold of my friend yet. I've heard NOS over the counter parts and assembly line installed parts sometimes have differences. I've seen this with fenders and have read about other stuff on-line. Might be manufactured at different times, different sources, work shifts (person doing the work), changing of tooling, etc. My grille is from a 1972 Duster 340 and will compare it with 1971's and the NOS piece. Like I mentioned before my friend has a BUNCH of them. My 1972 grille would not fit a very early 1969 production date 1970 Duster 340 but would fit a later production 1970 Duster 340. There may or may not have differences but will need to compare in order to find out. I did not mean to ruffle any feathers. When I get these pictures I will be posting them.
Thanks

Sorry but still didn't get hold of my friend yet. I've heard NOS over the counter parts and assembly line installed parts sometimes have differences. I've seen this with fenders and have read about other stuff on-line. Might be manufactured at different times, different sources, work shifts (person doing the work), changing of tooling, etc. My grille is from a 1972 Duster 340 and will compare it with 1971's and the NOS piece. Like I mentioned before my friend has a BUNCH of them. My 1972 grille would not fit a very early 1969 production date 1970 Duster 340 but would fit a later production 1970 Duster 340. There may or may not have differences but will need to compare in order to find out. I did not mean to ruffle any feathers. When I get these pictures I will be posting them.
Thanks

I Know what you're trying to say here... but the same variation of the same product from the same supplier would apply, wether it was sent to the production line or parts inventory.
So NOS (never used) and OEM (been installed) are still the same part, right?

Here's what I have painted so far.

Sharktooth resized.JPG

-
Back