SHE RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! many thanks to FABO!

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
well my bud came over last night and in under 3 hours we had the wiring sorted. i traced a short to the wires on the column - when i had put the col back in after swapping in the 318 and all its bits i must have torn the wiring as the red wire was torn a bit. fixed that and we finally had juice to the run side of the ballast - we werent getting any juice at all before that (which sorta made me feel good since i had been scratching my head as to what could be wrong). i had run the wires pretty much right but hadnt thought of a short.

so we got it sorted and did some basic carb tuning, ran the new 4 barrel throttle line and some other things. today is brake job day. lines are run but need to be tightened and bled. still need to adjust the kickdown but it's driveable. need to pretty up the wiring too.

i am so excited. heard it run and it was like Christmas time and what a difference between the sound of the 318 and the /6. course i only had headers on so this week is a full exhaust install.

just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has helped me on here. what a great forum FABO is!!

- jason

:cheers::cheers::cheers: IM DOIN THE SAME CONVERSION I HOPE MINE TURNS OUT LIKE YOURS

Post some pics and video when you get the chance.

....man, nothing says Christmas like a freshly fired v-8 conversion.

Good luck working out the bugs and gettin things pretty under the hood.

-
Back