Shed Renovation

-
Good thing building materials are so chap these days, sorta like gas also! and food....and...
Lol, yeah too bad cheap ain't cheap. I think they removed the word from the dictionary. Used to be a time where we were ripped off during catastrophes ie; hurricanes/tornadoes when lumber yards, gas stations etc would inflate prices due to "shortages". Now it's just blatant.

You going to cement the floor or dump some gravel?

Not trying to spend your money, but I'd think about adding some hydronic hoses before you pour the concrete. Cheap way to heat it in the future, if you'd like. I wish I'd have thought of it when I built my my garage in 2002. Cheaper to heat in the winter. JMO.

Not trying to spend your money, but I'd think about adding some hydronic hoses before you pour the concrete. Cheap way to heat it in the future, if you'd like. I wish I'd have thought of it when I built my my garage in 2002. Cheaper to heat in the winter. JMO.
I’ll likely do that when I build a shop at our new place. This shop likely won’t get used just a whole lot during the winter, and we will be installing a wood stove for the times that it is used. That said….. if we ever use this as a paint booth, the floor heat would be amazing and we definitely wouldn’t want a wood stove going either.

After researching and shopping around for insulation and consulting several people on the matter, we decided to skip the pipes. While it would certainly be the ideal way to do it, due to cost of insulation and how often we’ll actually use it for painting, we decided we’ll just use a wood stove for the foreseeable future, then eventually put in either a mini split, or a forced air propane heater with a fresh air/vented fire box.

Make sure you talk to your insurance company about wood stove heating.. Since I have plenty of firewood, I was leaning that way. My insurance would have tripled. Just trying to save you money.

-
Back