sheet metal pieces...

-

Dart_Guy

Reaction score
Hello all.

I am far from starting to repair some rust, but while working on my brakes I discoverd somre more of it on the inside of the wheel well. I found it hiding under the undercoating... But it appears to be a piece of metal between the fender and the inner fender well... I think it might be called a splash gaurd or something to that affect.

My question is does anyone know where I can find a drawing or layout (exploded drawing) of all the sheet metal parts? I have a 71 swinger.

Those metal splash shields show up on ebay all of the time, later ones were plastic. you should be able to find them from texas acres or I'm sure someone here has a set just laying around.

FSM for the diagrams of all the little pieces.

and for the pieces that they actually repop:
http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/cat-sp-08/145.gif

Does anyone know if the later plastic splash shields will fit in place of the metal ones?

The plastic or steel shields are the same. Only difference is between Valiant and Dart. The Dart ones are flat where they bolt to the fender tab, and the Valiant ones have a raised area in the same spot.
There may be other applications, but I know those for sure.

George

Thanks for the input. I am a little afraid to see if there is anymore rust under them, but it looks really solid except for the splash shield.

-
Back