Not open for further replies.

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
I need a pair of the clear plastic sheets that go on the inside quarter structure where the rear quarter window is - the one that keeps water from getting to the rear interior side panels. At the very least I'm looking for one that is in good enough shape to use as a pattern to make a pair of my own.

PM me with cost to get it to me, please.

Check ebay, I saw a seller selling the "dust" shields.

If you think the shape is the same I could send you a paper template from my oe part.

I made my own for my 67 dart convertible from heavy plastic and used rope calking to adhere. There is also a masking tape of sorts that holds the bottom in place.
I used what I had on hand.

Make sure you don't create a water trap by having the rope calking turn uphill.
IMG_20200105_132146.jpg
IMG_20200308_154146.jpg

BTW I bought some rope calking from DMT because it looked very white on the photos like the OEM calking. Turns out it is more putty colored, looks and smells just like the Mortite I bought.
I'm not knocking the DMT product but 6.00 per location vs 12.00 to have a lifetime supply, you decide.
Screenshot_20210827-002638.png

This may be the same seller I saw some the ago but I don't know.

New 1964-66 Dodge Dart Door Panel Moisture / vapor Barrier A-Body Dodge/Plymouth | eBay

Found this, but seems a bit pricey

Door Window Moisture Barrier Water Plastic Sheet Mopar

Last edited:
I need a pair of the clear plastic sheets that go on the inside quarter structure where the rear quarter window is - the one that keeps water from getting to the rear interior side panels. At the very least I'm looking for one that is in good enough shape to use as a pattern to make a pair of my own.

PM me with cost to get it to me, please.

If you decide to make your own, I have some very heavy clear visqueen I could send you. Shoot me a PM if you decide to go this way.

Halfafish - thanks for the offer! Many years ago I made a set of door shields from what seemed a sturdy material from the hardware store. When I took the inner panels off 8 years later I found that the material had gotten brittle and was falling to pieces! I'll send you a PM with my address if a pair of good originals don't appear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back