sheetmetal, WTF!

-

67GTS

Reaction score
Ok,

I'm trying to dig up a couple rustfree front fenders since the 66 Barracuda has had some repair done there and it's starting to go again.

So I go to a few part search website and type in what I am looking for and I start getting quotes.

Most are coming in around 250-275 a fender. I would guess that's the going rate. They claim they're rust free and one sent a pic of one of them that looks solid but will need some work.

Today, I get a reply from Desert Valley Auto, $500/fender!

Are you kidding me?

Any of your southern/west coast guys recommend a yard that I can call to check on prices? I need one that will agre to ship them.

Thanx.

LOL!! That sounds about right...Desert Valley is a rip. I don't do any JY hopping here because they are all rips. I've gotten WAYYY better deals from Moparts, here, BigBlockDart, and Ebay than any JY around here can give me. Land of the sun, but no cheap JY's!!!

--Mike

I heard that Desert Valley has a "locals" price and an "internet" price. I called and asked about quarters for my car. No problem...... $975 EACH.

Bite me. I'll beat a set out of used take-out tins before I pay that money.

Hey, come to think of it, I think the re-pro quarters I bought ARE made out of recycled take out tins! #-o

BTW: I saw a pair of NOS `69 Barracuda front fenders at Englishtown 2 yrs. ago at the Atlantic Nationals in the swap area. $1,600 for the both of `em.
That's what I paid for my whole car. :shock:

I picked one up last year at a swap meet for $50 too bad I need the other one. :( At least I have a spare now. Check w/ BillyBBad He can probably find what you need.

I'm checking with BillyBBad.

Thanks guys. Any leads would be appreciated.

Just an update, I managed to get two rust free fenders for the 66 from Tom and Patty Sehloff at half of what DVAP wanted :D so I am posting this to give them some props.

If you're looking for sheetmetal, drop them a line, they may be able to help....

www.cycleoptics.com/tpmopars.htm

-
Back