Sherman body panels

-

Gilby340

Reaction score
Has anybody gotten any panels from Sherman auto body supply before? I,m lookin' at getting some quarters for the duster and everybody seems tobe about the same price. Anybody have some input on who a good supplier is otherwise?

Thanks, Jeremy

Not from Sherman I didn't....too cheap to fork over the $5 for a catalogue that I might never buy something from.

I did get some full rear quarters from Jim's Auto Parts. They were OK, but a lot thinner than OEM. Fit was good.

I understand that Year One bought all the original moulds from Chrysler and their quality is very good, but expensive in comparison.

Sometimes I visit a shop near Houston Texas that specializes in restoring mopars and he says he buys all his parts from Shermans. So they must not be to bad. Ive seen a lot of his work and looks really good but not cheap. You can see some of his projects at the following address if you like. http://www.advancedresto.com/

I got mine for both cars from Auto Body Specialties.
Like Sickt7cuda said they are thinnner than the originals.

They make Rockers for 67-69 Barracudas ? Ive never seen them listed and I need a set bad.

Yep! I believe they are $40ish each. I got one to cut up for a patch panel to fit where the rear quarter wraps under right behind the rocker. Worked out well, the shape is right so it was just a matter of cutting out the rusty metal welding in a piece prime and paint.

Nice. I thought I was going to have to make them.

My rockers are almost non existing.

Gotdart the following is the info on the shop I was talking about Check the link for a map. Look under contact. http://www.advancedresto.com/ I like to go by every now and then and see what they have in the shop. I think I may let them do the body on a 71 cuda I bought.

Advanced Restoration and Collision
12508 FM 1960 East.
Huffman, Texas 77336

Phone (281) 324-7284
Fax (281) 324-6149

E-mail: [email protected]

:thumrigh: Thanks Randy, I'll check them out sometime. Need to get a little work done on my Dart.

the body panels for the a bodies are made by a company called legion in tiawan. they are distributed by goodmark to the various vendors so pick the one with the best price but make sure you take shipping cost into account. some are cheaper on the initial price but more than make up for it in the shipping. It cost me $90 to have the quarter for my cuda shipped to me which was a lot lower than some places were quoting. I paid $10 more than the cheapest place for the quarter but save $50 on the freight

Jeremy, I used Sherman lower 1/4's on my 69 R/TSE Charger & they turned out great. My bro did the same & he won his class in Vegas last month.

-
Back