Shift Gears From FEBO to FABO.... Hello from 03HDFB!!

-

03HDFB

Reaction score
Just introducing myself...
Just moved over here from FEBO. Spent about 4 years over there while I build my 1970
Challenger Below. I left them a bunch of build threads as I took the car to the Modern level.
It was a blast and the car turned out Awesome....truly a blast to drive! I sold the car early
this year to put the final College payments down for my (2) oldest girls...They graduated
this summer. So happy for them....but our Household was truly upset the car went to
another garage!! The new owner is truly enjoying it...His First outing in it he took "Best
Muscle Car" at the 2016 Good Guys show here in Washington....Good way to Kick off your
new ride!!

96B9CFEB-46C3-41A8-90A2-4C7E029A4A60_zpsq2hmjagl.jpg

4872628C-F0C2-43D0-8806-DECB536E94A1_zpsxj0jdx6k.jpg

Here's my '08 Bad ***.....This vehicle was my return to Mopar after selling all my early
rides back in the early 90's when I became a parent and bought my first home. It is the
first year back....One of 6400. I'm the original owner. I only had it about a month when
I tore it all down and had some fun with it. Its Stroked and Blown, Race Prep tranny thru Dif
and a ton of other fun stuff!

9AD7D2B3-0CFE-4A7D-AC93-43F2FE9FF1B4_zpsodyyrqti.jpg

53E2D8CD-6C0C-4BDE-ABD9-4552462788C2_zpsoz5h8xda.jpg

D0132115-D9BE-49F3-8B58-A07D3C2808A9_zpsvwe6rkef.jpg

Yeah...I can't leave anything alone. Here's my wifes 2011 wrangler JKU daily driver. We had it about a month as well....maybe 1000 miles on it when I tore it down. Full Trail gear from ground to Roof top.....and sweet little Turbo setup. Yeah...I love Forced Induction!! I've done (4) of my own and (6) for good buddies! We have about 96K on the Jeep now our youngest (2) girls Love it.....we do quite a bit of camping and trail riding!!

491AC4E5-1CBE-4B72-9069-6ECFAA2E978D_zpsyd0bo3ot.jpg

7293F40F-9F70-450F-977A-438E601B0BAE_zpskvrx1c0b.jpg

If you were wondering about my handle...Below is the reason for that. It started life as a 2003 Harley Fatboy and Yeah...Spent about 4 years working it over. Did a ton of shows met a ton of great people and had a ton of fun. I Sold it back in early 2009...to finish work on the '08 challenger....parts are not cheap!

00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000196_zps1gzhictw.jpg

C7E17A7E-0325-4E04-80E7-FC59AC136099_zpshsdwdxnp.jpg
]

That brings us to the current project....Our 1971 Plymouth Duster. I spent about 7 months hunting and finally came across this little Gem!! Pretty stoked to finally find a Duster...My first car....paid for by Me when I was almost 17....was a Beautiful 1970 Lemon Twist 340 Auto....I just had to have another one!! Our youngest is my garage buddy...She can't wait to tear into this one with me.

316A7288-4B80-4FD9-A3C8-57486AE15616_zpsxhub3xer.jpg

2B376489-4627-4A2C-9C45-3ADC01B5868C_zpsmhgq2ypm.jpg

2B376489-4627-4A2C-9C45-3ADC01B5868C_zpsmhgq2ypm.jpg

Alright.....Time for me to search some threads and find some info. Looking forward to Picking your brains and getting some help!
Gregory

Welcome to the Madness !! Some nice Rides for Sure !! I'm also on FEBO and FBBO...

Welcome to the Madness !! Some nice Rides for Sure !! I'm also on FEBO and FBBO...

Great to meet ya.....I'm working my Punch list for items I want to do....So I can hunt this site for info!
There's a lot of great info here!

Great to meet ya.....I'm working my Punch list for items I want to do....So I can hunt this site for info!
There's a lot of great info here!

I may have to sell the '08 to really do what I want to do with this car!!

Bump... for another Welcome to the site !!!

Top quality mods to the rides you had!!!! Welcome to the hot mess. PS Whats under the hood?

Show off! Ha ha ha ha, LMAO!

Nice stable!

Welcome aboard!

The body looks super, does it need some mechanical help?

What info do you seek for the A body?

The body looks super, does it need some mechanical help?

The car is super sound...Full up Rotisseries finished in 2008....and then the car just sat in a collection. There are a ton of little knick-knacks
to get the car where I want it as far as factory goes....Make everything work perfect!! Then We work into 727-gearvendores, Suspension
upgrades, Cooling Upgrades, Brake Upgrades all leading to the More Power Upgrades. I just can't leave anything alone....and I want my
stuff as I want it!

What info do you seek for the A body?

Well...Been plowing thru your threads already...Found most of what I've been looking for on my Knick-Knack list.
I'll be diggin on info for:
1. Best cooling set-up for the current BeCool Rad.
2. Pro's and Con's on as well as needed mods for:
a. 727 and Gear Vendors
b. 518 Swap
3. Ran Hotchkis on all my other builds...Looking for Modest Priced Alternatives and feed back on those altenatives
a. Tuned Shocks all around
b. Front and rear Swaybars
c. Steering box Delete
4. Factory BBody Power Disk Brakes Mods
a. Already installed BBody Manual and Rear Drums
5. After Market Shifters while retaining the factory Console
a. Already Swapped Column Shift to Floor Shift with Early Gear
6. Front Grill Issues:
a. As you can see from my last Pic...Something is amiss with the front grill?? Original grill was replaced
with this Sharkstooth and there is a 3/4"-1" gap to the hood.....Even the headlamp bezels are gapped
at the top of the fenders. Everything else if fitted right.
7. LED replacement for Bulbs in Ralley Dash.
8. Adding Trunk Light and Activation Pin
9. Installing Glove Box light where current light cover exists on the right side of glove box.
These are just a few Items I'm checking out
Thanks
Gregory

Wow! Nice list Greg. All above my skill level/knowledge base. Except trunk light and glove light. Which of course are easy as you probably have all ready found.

Adding a light?
In the trunk, look to the driverside for a tab that the switch goes into. When the switchs plunger is released upwards, the circuit is made and the light goes on. There could be a open connector there already for the hot wire for the switch. If not, you'll have to tap a wire somewhere to feed electricity to the light.

The light itself gets mounted ether in the trunk lid (wire runs inside the trunk lid to the plunger switch) or in a corner of the trunk. Consider putting it where ever you want since your adding it in. Or even two or three lights. Just make sure it turns off when the trunk gets closed.

Same for the glove box. The mounting point should be clear of the cardboard liner or any other material that could catch fire. Light bulbs are that hot and the (extra) dry interior padding with or loose papers can go up in flames.
The bulb could be in a housing. I'm not so sure how it gets done year to year and how your year car is.

Adding a light?
In the trunk, look to the driverside for a tab that the switch goes into. When the switchs plunger is released upwards, the circuit is made and the light goes on. There could be a open connector there already for the hot wire for the switch. If not, you'll have to tap a wire somewhere to feed electricity to the light.

The light itself gets mounted ether in the trunk lid (wire runs inside the trunk lid to the plunger switch) or in a corner of the trunk. Consider putting it where ever you want since your adding it in. Or even two or three lights. Just make sure it turns off when the trunk gets closed.

Same for the glove box. The mounting point should be clear of the cardboard liner or any other material that could catch fire. Light bulbs are that hot and the (extra) dry interior padding with or loose papers can go up in flames.
The bulb could be in a housing. I'm not so sure how it gets done year to year and how your year car is.

Perfect.....So.....Where did you get all the hardware....Light and switch for trunk, Light and switch for glove box?
Thanks for the help!

-
Back