shift kit installed

-

6tfo

Reaction score
With the tranny out is there any easy way to tell if a Transgo shift kit has been installed? 727 small block version.

When i installed my transgo TF-2 shiftkit i remember having to file a groove over the full height of the valve body. This was on the side of the valve body, right where the gear selector, or rooster comb is if i remember correctly.

Other than that the kit just replacing springs, check balls and requires you to drill through some passages, so that isn't very obvious.

Hope some other people will shime in on this.

The Transgo shift kit has a different manual valve than the original, so that when the trans is in park the land on the manual valve right where it goes into the valve body seals and makes it so you can chk the fluid in park instead of neutral.
The easiest way to find out is see if your manual valve seals or has a gap in the park position.
There is a few great pics here.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...=618&gbv=2&tbm=isch&ei=pUXMTf6pOsjViALiu_25Bg

With the tranny out is there any easy way to tell if a Transgo shift kit has been installed? 727 small block version.

-
Back