Shift kit

-

Badart

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if the TransGo TF-2 is a decent shift kit for a street car? I have a 318/904 combo.

Trans-go is the best shift improver kit available. B&M, TCI, Turbo action, Mopar performance are all basically the same kit and don't address some inherent issues with the torqueflite. It's more work to install a Trans-go kit cause they have you do some modifications instead of just slapping in a new spacer plate and removing a check ball. It's well worth the work though.

Back in 95 I installed a Mopar Perf. (manufactured by Turbo Action) shift kit in my 93 Dakota and it nearly trashed the transmission. Caused severe overlap between 1st and 2nd. In just 2,000 miles it had a bunch of friction material in the pan. I called them and all they had to say was "it works on some trucks ok but we've had problems on others due to changes made by Chrysler and to try and drill out a passage and if that don't work take it all back apart again and drill it out some more. Keep drilling it out until it works right and if that don't work you can also try leaving the low/reverse accumulator check ball out." Yeah right!!

Yup, another positive vote for the TF-2 from me. I've got two of them installed in 904s and they work great. Nice tight street action shifting.

-
Back