Shift NOW! Not sooner, Not later.

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
This is a short video of how I adjust my overdrive and lockup automatic shift points with adjustable pressure switches.
Those relays on the firewall are what actually handles the electrical load.
The adjustable switches tell the relays to close and ground the solenoids to make the shift.

This is a neat and simple trick to set your minimum shift points with a cable controlled throttle pressure setup.
Does not interfere with wide open throttle.

This is a short video of how I adjust my overdrive and lockup automatic shift points with adjustable pressure switches.
Those relays on the firewall are what actually handles the electrical load.
The adjustable switches tell the relays to close and ground the solenoids to make the shift.

Is that a separate kit you have to get for controlling the OD and lockup? I want to put an A-518/46RH into my '72 D200 at some point and I like the adjustability of that setup.

I believe it’s A&A transmissions that sells a kit, but when I built mine they didn’t have adjustability and were just preset shift points.

I wanted adjustable shift points.
Also the kits instructions showed to mount the switches on the side of the trans and I didn’t like that either, as it seemed way to susceptible to road hazards and a pain to get to for adjustment.

I ran a section of cooler line from the governor port up the bell housing and mounted the switches where they are on the rear of the intake.
It’s been like this for 5-6 years now and has been flawless.

Seems like I remember you posting pics or a diagram of your switch mounting setup. Did it get made as a sticky by the mods? If not, it should be because it's a great idea to keep from having to crawl under the vehicle 47 times to adjust it!

Seems like I remember you posting pics or a diagram of your switch mounting setup. Did it get made as a sticky by the mods? If not, it should be because it's a great idea to keep from having to crawl under the vehicle 47 times to adjust it!

I don’t remember if it ever got stickied, but it probably should have.
I still have the diagram and can repost it sometime.

-
Back