Shift-R-Gate

-

1969GTS

Reaction score
So I just got my shifter fixed and installed a Duncan motor sport Shift-R-Gate. Although I haven't got the car safety inspected and driven it yet it seems to work well. It converts your stock shifter into a slap stick type shifter. I've run through the gears and you can slap it between 1st and 2nd without hitting third. From second to third you have to push the button down but as long as you keep it depressed you can hammer it into third with out hitting neutral. I don't think it would be NHRA approved but for a mostly street driven car with a manual valve body its great. For about $30 I give it my two thumbs up for what ever that is worth. Here are the details.

http://www.duncan-motor-sports.com/2.html

Good to know. I bought one too and installed it on the shifter, but the shifter isn't in the car yet so I've only gotten to play with it on the workbench.

For some reason, mine wasn't worth a damn. Played around with it for a couple of days and then ripped it out and put it back to original. Anybody want it?

dusterdon, I had the same luck with mine.

I have one for my reverse Valve body. I am hoping that it will do the trick for me.

I dont know if I had a forward pattern vb if I would have even bothered.

I put one in last year and it worked great. The only thing is you must
rememeber to keep the button held in when going from second to third.

I am wanting one for my 68 Cuda. When I went to Indy , a vendor there said he had a better unit to be released this summer . Damn , I cant remember who they were .

I have one on my 73 Duster with a 727 manual reverse. Works like a charm, but had to do a little adjusting and filing to get it to work just right. No more1-3 shifts for me!

Went to the track last year with my stock shifter and I totally looked like a tard ( well I kinda look like a tard anyhow ) trying to shift. was short shifting over revvin the works.

I didnt want to change my shifter because I like the stock look and decided that I had to give the shiftergate a chance before plan "B" which would be trying get a different shifter to look right in the car. seen some of the guys do it in their cars and make it look nice. but knowing my luck I would end up making it look like crap.

Im gonna give it a shot and I will post my results.. Mind you have have awful luck with shifters so if I can make it work ,anyone can if they goof with it enough.

Pete

Finally got a chance to play with mine a little. Really had a problem with binding/hanging up going through the pattern. After a little work with the dremel and a small file, then a decent amount of grease it seems to move ok now. Still not sure whether I'll leave it in.

-
Back