Shifter Bracket, stock?

-

rklein383

Reaction score
Saw this shifter and bracket at a swap meet this morning. Seller says it is a stock piece. Anybody seen this before? I thought it was a homemade bracket to mount a four-speed shifter on a forward mount B-body tranny placed into an A-body.

IMG_0410.jpeg

Last edited:
Not stock.

IIRC, for a Hurst Super Shifter. IIRC, requires straight non stock companion linkage.

I believe that they were intended for B-bodies to move the shifter rearward for installation of the Hurst Super Shifter and its short shifter handle. Floor cutting I believe was also required.

The offset bracket was part of the Hurst 373-0011 Super Shifter Linkage Kit for B body.

HURST 373-0011.jpg

Complete Super Shifter kit was sold in the early 80s'..
Hurst made those specific kits for the Mopar A833 and GM Muncie transmissions.

Just my $0.02...
ok, but as or the rods, I have seen them on pictures from late 60´s

Yes, but pretty sure Ram Rod and Mr. Gasket Vertigate was offered eary ´71 and since I have seen these hd rods in the `68 SS Hemi cars, (early ´68 pics) I´m trying to figure out, if Hurst made these rods for Chrysler, or if these rods was something Hurst already had on the shelf...
Sorry, didn´t mean to hi-jack this thread...
Been digging some more and saw this guy on YT rebuilding a Super Shifter, telling how he saw one in a ´67 Chevelle.
So this pretty much answers my question, since these straight hd rods was part of the Super Shifter Hurst offered.

-
Back