shifter won,t line up

-

matty wardle

mopar dedicated
Reaction score
hi guys,
we pulled a 318 and 904 out of a 72 challenger and replaced it with a 340 and 727,pretty sure the 727 came out of a abody the problem is now the shifter wont line up,you can get 1st and not get park,you can get park but no first,it is a slapstick,is there any difference with the selecter on the box,what do u think is the problem?:sign3:

The bracket that bolts to the tailhousing is different between the 727 & 904, and I think the rod itself is longer for the 727. Also, compare the manual arm on the trans- there is a difference between the column and floor shift lengths. (Column shift arm is longer)

.............U need the straight manual arm, from a 727.............the dog leg 1 from the 904 will not work as u see what i mean........kim..........

I had that problem with the 727 in my Dart. It is not original to my car, so I just drilled another hole about 3/4" ( center of hole to center of other hole ) from the other hole to shorten up the movement. Then I could get first and park.

The bracket that bolts to the trans tail housing is the same from 904 to 727 the difference is in the year and models

-
Back