Shipping a 8-3/4 center

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever ship a 8-3/4" center ? These things wiegh a ton. I dont know what I could even put it in let alone how much it will cost. Someone wants to trade me a 742 case with a detrout locker and 4.86s for my 3.91s.

67plymouthcuda said:
You might have to send it by frieght. I don't know if UPS or the postal service will handle anything that heavy.

Larry G

UPS just delivered one to me from IL (I think)...weighed like 100+lbs and cost me about $75 in shipping. It was encased in a home-built (well-built) crate.

-- Mike

here is a company that i use for large items FORWARD AIR FRIEGHT thier terminals are usually located close to major airports and they are a lot cheaper than ups .thier should be one close to where you live hope this helps

I received one shipped ups in a heavy 5 gallon bucket. I think the shipping was about $40 from Kansas to Kentucky if not mistaken. It's been a while.
Bob

Thanks guys. I may hold out and hope I find something closer. This thing would have to go to Canada and I dont want to fill out all the paper work. Plus it will probably cost $100 to ship.

If it is going to Canada it may have the same restrictions as other international shipping. I have shipped a few of them to holland. They are too heavy and I have to take them apart and make two shippments to get them there. You may want to check weight restrictions to Canada first. They are likely different then an in country shipment. Other then that, if you get a box that is big enough for the pig and put the pig in the box filled with peanuts and then put that box inside a slightly larger box and use good strong tape to tape a "net" around the box you won't have any problems.

Mine came UPS for about 75 bux in a double cardboard box. I am not so sure that shipping to Canada would be alot more or not. You could check fedex.com and ups.com and punch in some info to get an idea.

I had this guy send me a set of 4.11 gears for my 741 cased 8 3/4..They were in a ring and pinion box..They came from Pennsylvania and were shipped here in Canada (Newfoundland) and the cost just for the gears abd box sent UPS was $39.00 US..Hope this helps

Larry Dart 360 said:
I had this guy send me a set of 4.11 gears for my 741 cased 8 3/4..They were in a ring and pinion box..They came from Pennsylvania and were shipped here in Canada (Newfoundland) and the cost just for the gears abd box sent UPS was $39.00 US..Hope this helps

Thats only the ring and pinion though. This is the entire cast iron case,

adam,
NOT trying to tell you what to do but i think 4:88's is WAY too much gear!!!...if you were running a 30" tire but i dont think you are.

just my 2 cents

Mike. I'm running the same size tire as you. Dwanye ran 5.13s in his car and was crossing the traps around 6400rpms with a 30" tire. He said he needed more like 5.33s. My car is lighter though so I can get away with less. Id prefer 4.56s and give up a little ET thoug.

-
Back