Shipping a Complete 8 3/4" Rear Axle Assembly

-

VIOLENT\6

12 second N/A Slant 6?
Reaction score
I'm talking about drum to drum.

What's the best way to do this.

I know that big junkyards use motorfreight & I have a speed shop that would accept the shipment locally.

Has anyone shipped motorfreight & if so how do you go about contacting them?

We used to ship 200 lbs. pallet (4'x6') from California to East Coast for guarantee 3 days for $165 using R+L Carriers.

We used to ship 200 lbs. pallet (4'x6') from California to East Coast for guarantee 3 days for $165 using R+L Carriers.

That sounds good.

The package is going from Toledo, OH to Maseena, NY about 3 1/2 hours North of Syracuse, about 600 miles, so it should be considerably less.

Scored an 8 3/4 complete from drum to drum from a '67 belvedere.

Small pinion but that's OK for my application.

Just go to Google, and type in any kind of freight company....... like Roadway,
Overnite, Old Dominion freight.......... and there are other's. Pretty sure you will need zip codes, size, weight for sure. It will be somewhat pricey tho, using a Freight Company. You could also try U-ship, but I don't know if you can get it done any cheaper, just a thought. Good luck.

Freight will cost roughly $.70 - $1.00 per pound depending on the services requested for regular LTL freight. This is a safe estimate, add more for residential pick up / delivery. Add more for any other services you may want... But on a 4x6 pallet is the way to go.

Ship it USPS! Take it apart.
-Housing and axles get wrapped in cardboard, sent in two packages.
-Chunk gets wrapped in cardboard. If it's open, it weighs right at the 70 pound limit minus the pinion snubber and drainplug. If it's a SG, take it apart and send in two large flat rate boxes.
-Backing plates and drums go in two more flat rate boxes.
I do this all the time...your cost for that trip should be less than $150 total, and you do it right from your PO!

-
Back