Shipping Advice

-

ANG 2S000

Reaction score
So for anyone who has done it, what is the most reasonable costing way to ship heavy pieces like a rear end? Freight, Fastenal, what have people used?

I’ve used fasten all 3 times . Slow but cheaper and reliable u must pick up and ship at their location

Fastenal I had a motor shipped from Texas to Indiana I believe it was around $175 didn't take very long to get it rear may be more due to floor space on the trailer used

I shipped a set of iron small block heads from Oregon to Southern California for around 100$ thru fastenall worked well.

I shipped Greyhound freight (CWX?) once for a set of BB fenderwell headers, box about the size of an old 27" TV. It was station to station but was about 20 cheaper than UPS. Now they have fuel costs and it made it unreasonable. Fedex is good on larger parts if you have an account. Fastenal sounds like a great alternative for a pallet. No I see greyhound freight is Greyhound Shipping - Ship Boxes by Bus with Package Express

they may have seen the light and reduced their rated to be competative again.

Fastenal works good as said. If you have access to a solid shipping department in a company with someone who get rates for freight shipments ask them to price is out for you. We ship alot at my job so it varies which carrier we use but they are all within reason (even UPS and Fedex...)

This is LTL and may transfer a bunch through transit. Protect the product to the best of your ability and make it stand out amongst other material (crazy green paint on the stretch film for example.) If they lost it this will immensely help with locating it. Also, take pictures of it before it goes away.

JW

I have used www.uship.com for a car and a fully assembled diff, fastenal too.

look up LTL carriers and get bids.

Fastenal I had a motor shipped from Texas to Indiana I believe it was around $175 didn't take very long to get it rear may be more due to floor space on the trailer used
When you say 'Fastenal' do you mean the company that sells nuts, bolts and all kinds of other fasteners? How does that work?

yes Fastenal, just drop by one of their stores and ask about it..

I have had some annoying dealings with fastenal. Not all locations do freight, and the ones that do will limit what you can ship, ie no fenders, or anything “damageable”. I have used greyhound for frame rails and front valance. Cheapest from west coast to Buffalo, but hard to track. I had some terrible dealings with fed ex freight too. They refuse to give a quote, say they will bill later and then hit you with the south paw. I’m still dealing with them over a 900$ bill from a pallet from North Carolina. They charged me for home delivery, but refused to bring it to the house... I have had a 53ft truck bring my 60gal compressor, so I know that isn’t an issue. I did just get a hood from Kramer in PA. They crated it and sent ups freight. Cost 200$.

-
Back