shipping company picking up a vehicle i sold...nervousness

-

turbofreek

batcrap crazy racing team
Reaction score
so some guy from illinois called me to say he was highered by a company call "GUK AUTO" to pick my sold truck up from me to take to the northern east coast. his name was andrie or something. couldnt hardly understand him due to accent of a foreign nature.

anyone know of scammers etc...from said company? i dont want to make a trip after the fact.

Have you verified with the buyer that this is who they contracted to pick it up?

Did you get your money? Or did they just hand you a certified check and take the car? Cause I know of cases where the cashiers check has been bogus (worthless) and they also have the vehicle.

Company Overview
GUK AUTO LLC is an active operating under USDOT Number 3033779.

Total Trucks 1
Tractors Owned 1
Trailer Owned 1
Total Drivers 1
USDOT 3033779
MCS-150 Mileage Year 0
MCS-150 Date 20170801
MCS-150 Mileage 0
Does GUK AUTO LLC transport Hazardous Material? No
Carrier Operation Intrastate Non-Hazmat
GUK AUTO LLC in business since 2017-08-01

Riddler

IMO, Always require a driver name, number, company name, etc. to call back to. Tell them you can't talk at the moment and will return the call after you verify they are the hired transport.

When he gets there, take a copy of his drivers license. Use your phone if you have to, but its just another way to protect yourself. I do this when I sell firearms.

When he gets there, take a copy of his drivers license. Use your phone if you have to, but its just another way to protect yourself. I do this when I sell firearms.
I WOULDENYLET HIM TAKEN IT W/O THE $ IN MY HAND FIRST, AND CONFIRMATION FROM THE BUYER.

its been confirmed and the check cleared. i made the buyer wait several weeks(3) before allowing to take anything. title still in my hand and is the truck. guy called had no idea what he was picking up but a vehicle. had a horrible accent even my 14 languages couldnt understand. like he was a native indian mixed with aztec broken spanish langual. it irritates the **** out of me for it. buyer confirmed as well.
driver called from an illinois number but like posted above says based out of texas. 1 truck only...i find it strange how that the number and dot company dont match states.

i would think in a case like this, buyer confirmation that this is who he sent/hired to pick up the vehicle is all that would be needed. This is, of course, after cleared payment.

I drive truck for a World wide company but headquartered in Greenwich, CT. Our trucks and trailers are registered in Illinois, my guess is because of the price and ease of registration compared to some place like say, California. Maybe this guy bought the 1 truck company and kept it the same. Never know, or you could just ask him. Not that you would like or understand the answer, ut hey, worth a shot.

I was in the auto transport business from 88-92.

There was a fair amount of $$$ to make back then...not today. Many of these operators today are immigrants operating on a shoe string budget hauling for cheap rates just to stay busy.

Regardless of who hauls the car take photos when the driver is there just to protect yourself. Since you no longer own the car the driver is responsible for damages... You just need to prove you didn't misrepresent the car.

Last edited:
Yeah, I take pictures of the guy the plates on truck, DOT numbers on truck and pictures of the car when on the truck to show no damage. Also keep a copy of the form they fill out showing where any flaws are on car.

i guess i did ok. did all th3 things you guys said to do before reading this. also open carried as he approached and talked. was a nice guy from russia. had a benz in the front of the trailer. he wrote a receipt as well as emailed all he found with pics etc before leaving. allowed me to photo his license and wiped the plate clean on the trailer. said its a **** job bes doing but required to these smaller personal hauls for 2 years before they let him haul fancy loads. we will see how it arrives in ny. i didnt realize the rad only had water in it only but a tiny am9unt of antifreeze. didnt cross my mind tillit was loaded up and started snow after 65 degrees the day before. hope it will be ok.

Ive hauled cars for moving companies.like everyone said make sure you get paid and take plenty of pics.A good driver wont mind cause he should be joining you and writing things down and you should get a copy

This almost sounds like the same company and guy I used to haul a car to me. 2 car trailer using a big Dodge PU. They were recommended. Had his photos and very detailed report of any scratches, chips, or marks on the car that he emailed to me. He was very friendly, called me a couple times as he got close to my location. I would use them again. The name, I'd have to find the paperwork.

This almost sounds like the same company and guy I used to haul a car to me. 2 car trailer using a big Dodge PU. They were recommended. Had his photos and very detailed report of any scratches, chips, or marks on the car that he emailed to me. He was very friendly, called me a couple times as he got close to my location. I would use them again. The name, I'd have to find the paperwork.
did all the same with me. he was from eastern europe or close to russia. he said he took a mopar to new york from kansas some months ago. probably him. lives in galvaston tx.

well the truck made it to the buyer and he is happy. all is good.

Yep would of been New York to Kansas, a nice hard working guy. He got here a lot quicker than I thought he would. He told me when he had a car in the trailer, he slept in the trailer, didn't want to lose anything. It's a big sigh of relief when the car makes it to the other end.

-
Back