Shipping Parts to Phoenix Specialty Coatings

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Guys, I've had a continuing problem since I opened my shop that needs to be addressed.

Since a majority of my work comes from FABO members and I have a bunch of outstanding quotes right now with parts expected in the near future, I'm hoping this will get a lot of views.

When choosing a box for your parts, please make sure it's large enough to hold not only the parts, but a lot of wrapping and packing materials too. I can fill up extra space with packaging but I can't make the box bigger when it was barely large enough to hold your parts in the first place.

As you all know, I put a lot of time and effort into my work and try to protect it as best as I can for its trip home to you. (We all know how shipping companies don't care what happens to it.) Often I'm left having to search my little town for a bigger box, and with only a couple of stores here in BFE Greenfield my choices are extremely limited. Not only is this a major time-consuming PITA, it takes me away from the shop where I could be working on your stuff instead of dumpster-diving looking for a larger box to send the last guy's parts back to him in.

Thank you all in advance for your assistance with my little problem. :-D :-D :-D

Great info and I don't want to hear about any more dumpster diving. :read2:

u tell them and stay out of the dumpster do u every find anything cool in there lol make this a sticky people need to know

Send them to me and I'll box them and send them to Leanna. LOL
(inside joke) Mike

(We all know how shipping companies don't care what happens to it.)

Hey,i work for fed-ex and take care with EVERY PACKAGE!!!..the problem with damaged packages is improper packaging by the SENDERS!!!...NOT the shipping companies...

Dear Thongchick,

I will attempt to pack my package more carefully next time.

Hee heeeee thong bribery will get me everywhere ... but I wasn't pointing any fingers Roger. Your parts going out today stuffed back into their homemade box was purely a coincidence. :-D No worries! It wasn't the first time, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Dave / Stroked 340 (also a prior customer), I wasn't pointing any fingers in your direction either. I KNOW you take extreme care with your FedEx duties. Unfortunately, I have trouble getting FedEx to pick up my ground shipments without waiting for 4 or 5 days so most customers' parts go out via UPS. I stuff them with as much bubble wrap as I've got room for. (Just ask Roger when he gets his homemade box back LOL!)

Thanks to all for taking the time to read this and offer sympathy. I've got enough hats to wear around here without adding "Chief Dumpster Diver" to my job description on the website's About Us page.

Hey, I'll have you know ......That box was made out of the best cardboard one could find at 11 pm while staying at a $178 a week Hadji hotel in Reading ,PA. I'm lucky to have found a homeless shelter not occupied or vomited in.

Thongchick ???? Now were getting somewhere. Thanks for the tip there Roger. I'm not sending nothing, i'm going to hand deliver anything that goes that way and see this "Thongchick". Huuuuummm !!
Small Block

Hey, I'll have you know ......That box was made out of the best cardboard one could find at 11 pm while staying at a $178 a week Hadji hotel in Reading ,PA. I'm lucky to have found a homeless shelter not occupied or vomited in.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh thank you! At least someone knows what it's like trying to find a box in Greenfield!!!

Yeahhhhh yeah Small Block, I've been hearing about this "personal visit" now for well over two years. I doubt if even an appearance by ThongChick could actually get you here. (You have to see the "Gotta Be Friday the 13th" thread to understand where this came from.)

It's time for another bump on this thread.

Kudos go out to bamacuda for his inventive idea of using two open-ended boxes taped together. It was EXPANDABLE!!! And it was just what I needed last Friday when the time came to ship a couple sets of Commandos back to him.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I still love and appreciate all of you ... even when your boxes are jes' a little bit too small. :-D

Hey,i work for fed-ex and take care with EVERY PACKAGE!!!..the problem with damaged packages is improper packaging by the SENDERS!!!...NOT the shipping companies...
Former Postal employee here, and I could not agree more with stroked 340. when you package up your stuff pack it like it will be under a bunch of other packages. Do not leave any empty space in the box, pack it full of material....

This thread is worthless without pictures of "Thongchick" dumpster diving with her thong on!!! Come on you guys, we're always bragging about the size of our "packages", now lets make sure that we back up the talk with oversized packaging and plenty of stuffing to please our Thongchick!!! Sorry Leanna, got a little carried away there, but the visual in my mind of a dumpster diving, thong sportin' honey such as yourself has me all worked up!!! I'm running a cold bath right now!!! Geof

This thread is worthless without pictures of "Thongchick" dumpster diving with her thong on!!! Come on you guys, we're always bragging about the size of our "packages", now lets make sure that we back up the talk with oversized packaging and plenty of stuffing to please our Thongchick!!! Sorry Leanna, got a little carried away there, but the visual in my mind of a dumpster diving, thong sportin' honey such as yourself has me all worked up!!! I'm running a cold bath right now!!! Geof

HAHAHAhaha HAhHAHAaaaaaaahahahahahaHAaaaaaaaAaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOWZERS!!!!!!!

bump up--

A note on packing - please leave no empty space in the box/container. that means cutting the top to fit the box-- or using more packing -- it will wrok-- or another favorite is packing a box in a box--- The shipping companies do not slow down the line for your package(time thing) -- so pack it well

If you were closer to Wichita, KS I could save you some time with the dumpster diving as I have many customers than pitch nice computer boxes that work great for car parts. Lawrence

A box in a box is a good idea. Go to Lowes/Home Depot and pick up some of the strofoam that is used under the chicken wire of exterior stucco and cut it to fit the box, then fill any aid space with peanuts...

I've done a box in a box before. When I got an air cleaner lid once, it was thick cardboard floder over it and taped up. That was a good move. When I shipped my intake to Pheonix, I try and pack it so the danm thing doesn't bounce or move a centermeter. I was non-to thrilled with the box I had to begin with, so I figure pack the crap outta of it.

It was preety tight, the only room for a thong would have been in the plenum.

:poke:Let me get this right.
If we send Cudachick our parts in an expandable cardboard box, she won't have to dumpster dive for her thong because she's tired?
Am i on the right track?
Tom.

Laughin at some of this box action. :-D

I really don't dumpster dive per se either with or without the PSC Thong :-D ... just look through the cart of broken-down boxes the Dollar General around the corner has. The problem is they only get a truck once a week, and if they don't have the right size box this week you'll just have to wait that much longer for your parts.

Thanks for all the views and comments!

Folks, it's real easy, just pack like you want it to be packed when it is coming back to you! Put on your favorite thong and wait on Leanna to do her magic, uh, on your parts, uh, uh, car parts that is!

-
Back